News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Ross Radio"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, December 06, 2013, 10:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Like Ross Radio, the acoustics at the "old Tunnel" is the BOMB! 8)
Support the arts in Youngstown, groove with us tomorrow night!

Youngstownshrimp

Alan, Just doin' my part to try to make YTown a better place than when I found it.

AllanY2525

Youngstownshrimp

Last night as with the last 11 years, my gift to the US Bankruptcy Trustee Christmas Party was another music trio.  Since Cafe Cimento is now Los Gallos, the annual party after a history of being on the top floor of the FNB tower, then Cafe Cimento, the newly renovated Mahoning county historic (Ross Radio) building was the new location.
My ensembles have been the first bands at many new locations, the DD Davis center, the Poland library, V2 and now the Ross Radio.
The Ross radio building and Good humour building is unbelievable, the renovation saving all the old wood is right on.  The upgrades enhances the structure.  The second floor Ballroom is one of a kind and will see many uses.
Finally at the big event last night, I brought in from Akron John Morton as a singer solist, he is the boyhood friend and backup vocalist for James Ingram.  Holding down left hand bass on keyboards was one of six local talented keyboardest, Dominic Reto.  And of course on my vintage 1951 Gretsch drum kit, was me laying down the groove.
The third floor up against the giant windows was classic, the party was packed with most of the legal profession of Youngstown.  The music held down the classy event and the Ross building was aglow in grandness once again.