News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Youngstown's Mysterious LandBank"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, December 04, 2013, 06:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Dis li'l ol' broad understands it perfectly.

Nicholas Serra

Most of this is incoherent rambling. What is your exact issue?

Youngstownshrimp

It is now August 2015, what has evolved?  Stay tuned , I will report.

Youngstownshrimp

Why do I in the private sector have to do D'Avignon's job?  Why do I have to bust my butt without pay to show D'avignon to PLAN the MT. Hope Cemetery correctly.  Why do us landowners in the Sharonline have to be threatened by D'Avignon, to seize our lands for his open space PORK job.  Hell!  It is open space right now and wetlands.  Send the engineers in and disconnect the utilities, you don't need to slop at the taxpayer trough for that!

Youngstownshrimp

I believe under the new Mayor production will finaly take place on these dormant unproductive lands.

Youngstownshrimp

And still D'Avignon ignores the PEOPLE!
Copy: Mayor McNally

Youngstownshrimp

Under Youngstown or Youngstown Reutilization in The Mahoning CountyAuditor site you will uncover hundreds of vacant acreage, dormant and not paying taxes.  Yes, these City parcels are estimated to be close to 1000 acres spread out all over the City. 
Under Legislation I read that these lands are for reutilization and were Landbanked when almost ZERO value existed for Youngstown City land.  The acreage is mandated to be offered to the PEOPLE for development and the payment of property taxes.  They are not, why?
Is the City trying to landgrab their mineral rights?  Is the City just uneducated on property development and value? Whatever it is, it would be a windfall of taxes and revenue if the acreage was conveyed to the people and the minerals harvested generating Millions.