News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Cafe Cimmento Student Menu

Started by jay, March 26, 2013, 09:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

What restaurants in downtown do we believe will be closing soon?

Towntalk

You're right on that Jay ... soups can be very healthy as can salads.

Billy, you simply are wrong ... dead wrong ... there are numerous food items that are healthier that they could choose from. A good bowl of soup coupled with a salad does not take all day to eat. Shoot, a bowl of Chicken Soup and a salad are the nector of the gods, and a whole lot healthier than a lousey hot dog.

jay

Maybe the Soup & Salad is the healthy option.

Billy Mumphrey

I don't see what the problem is here. You have more and more students attending Eastern Gateway Community College which is located in the same building. These students maybe only have time for a quick lunch. Why not expand your menu to cater to this crowd who might not want to sit down for the regular menu? I think this is a smart business move to try.

Towntalk

This is sad ... Cafe Cimmento is a good restaurant, their chef is good and could come up with a better student menu than this at prices a student could afford. If our schools can do it, so can he.

jay

QuoteBy the way, judging from your original post you appear to have picked just a few of the menu items. What all is available on the full student menu?

That's everything.  The only thing I left off was the prices.

Towntalk

Obviously you are unaware of the efforts our school lunchrooms are making to have students eat healthier meals, or you simply don't care, and by the way, this fine restaurant doesn't cater to "kids", but to college students, and their need for eating healthy is just as great as their younger counterparts.

The occassional hot dog and fries isn't bad as a lunch, not is the occassional grilled cheese sandwich, but the American Heart Association certainly wouldn't recommend a steady diet of these foods, nor would the AMA.

Think about it a second or two ... what is the major health problem among American youth today? Obesity.

Even McDonalds among other fast food restaurants has recognized the need for healthier meals.

By the way, judging from your original post you appear to have picked just a few of the menu items. What all is available on the full student menu?

jay

I'm pretty sure the kids menu is a way of satisfying the appetites of the youngsters without having to order a regular meal which is too large and much more expensive.

Towntalk

As an educator, I'm sure, nay I'm positive that you undrstand the need for a well balanced diet, and such a diet can be provided at quite reasonable prices that fit the student's budget.

Hot Dogs and fries do not constitute a well balanced diet while the soup and salad do.

I'm sure, nay I'm positive that if this restaurant gave it serious thought, working with a nutritionist (sp) from St. Eves, that they could come up with a student menu that was balanced and attractive as well as being well within their budget.

iwasthere

the restaurant is accommodating the stds at the nearby college by offering food items that are in their budget range thus making long term customers. a smart move on the restaurant move for their coffers.

Towntalk

No offense, but this menu does not constitute a well balanced diet.

jay

Café Cimmento now has a student menu for lunch and dinner

Items include

Hot Dog
Side of Fries
4 oz. Café Burger
Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Strips (4 pieces)
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Soup & Salad
Grilled Cheese Sandwich