News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Cafe Cimmento Student Menu

Started by jay, March 26, 2013, 09:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

If people want to waddle around with their ponderous blubber filled selfs sloshing around, gorging down gallons of greasy food, that's their business. As for me, and mine, that is not an option. Healthy diets are not that complicated, and in most cases just as tastey.

ytowner

Quote from: Towntalk on March 27, 2013, 11:50:30 PM
ytowner, no one is stopping you from gorging on a grease laden burger, that is your choice, but in the greater scheme of things, people are becoming more aware of the importance of healthy eating which is why more restaurants are serving healthier food. Just look at the menu at McDonalds and Yellow Submarine as a couple of examples.

How many airlines are now thinking about taking passanger weight into consideration when selling tickets because of personal weight problems?
I own shares of greasy old McDonald's and it is up to $100 a share. Sure, they have some healthy options, but plenty of their healthy options are still loaded with calories. You would be surprised if you looked at the back of the papers on the trays when you go. Go ahead, take a look.

Towntalk

ytowner, no one is stopping you from gorging on a grease laden burger, that is your choice, but in the greater scheme of things, people are becoming more aware of the importance of healthy eating which is why more restaurants are serving healthier food. Just look at the menu at McDonalds and Yellow Submarine as a couple of examples.

How many airlines are now thinking about taking passanger weight into consideration when selling tickets because of personal weight problems?

ytowner

People are seriously complaining about the menu options that aren't healthy? Please! I will eat what I want to eat. I stay in fine shape and I eat plenty of foods that I would not call "healthy." I like the idea, although I like their panini a bit better..

And oh yeah. Their fries are terrific!

Lyndz

oh, huh... tell him to call me then. I just went to a Simply Slavic meeting last night, he should try to collaborate with them, the group really has it together.

Towntalk

Lyndz, we're talking about the student menu, and not the regular menu. I don't question their regular menu, just their "student menu".

Oh and by the way, Dennis refused to respond to my e-mails or phone calls.

Towntalk

$4.00 for two slices of buttered bread and one slice of American Cheese? That's way over priced unless you get fries and a drink with it. Yoy can buy a loaf of bread at Giant Eagle for .99 cents and a pound of sliced American Cheese for about $5.00 and make your own Grilled Cheese Sandwich for way less than $1.00.

Lyndz

Cafe Cimmento has GREAT food, and there steaks are awesome, you can also eat very healthy there... a caprese with blackened chicken breast / salad / greens. They have a great wine and beer selection too. Also, if you are ever there when Alex is working he makes really different and good drinks.

jay

Prices

$1.75 - Hot Dog
$1.60 - Side of Fries
$2.25 - 4 oz. Café Burger
$4.75 - Chicken Parmesan
$3.75 - Chicken Strips (4 pieces)
$4.75 - Grilled Chicken Sandwich
$4.50 - Soup & Salad
$4.00 - Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Rick Rowlands

Lets just face it.  Cafe Cimmentos food and menu leaves much to be desired.  Their pasta sauce is barely cooked, the menu is extremely limited, and steaks way too expensive.   I do go there quite frequently though because it is a nice quiet place to meet up with friends and we can use their private room for meetings.   Perhaps it is a quiet place because the menu is so limited?

Towntalk

Of course no one is forcing anyone to eat certain foods ... that's a given ... but remember Jay said that it is the total student menu, and most likely priced to fit the student's budget, but again, aside from the soup and salad, there's nothing special about the other items in the menu. I'm sure though that Cafe Cimmento designed the menu to attract people to eat there as opposed to other restaurants.

Why?Town

TT,

Café Cimmento is just offering choices, some healthier than others.

Nobody is forcing anyone to eat any particular item nor even at Café Cimmento.

Billy Mumphrey

My initial reaction was that students who attend the community college probably don't even know the Cafe is on the other side of the building. Maybe this is an attempt to have them sample the menu.

Towntalk

Perhaps, but that remains to be seen. Only time will tell how good it is.

Billy Mumphrey

While it may not be a healthy decision, I still believe it's a good business decision to try.