News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Paramount Theater is Purchased

Started by jay, May 03, 2006, 05:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

The Paramount ain't no more ... it's a parking lot now.

Matt Schwartz

Hey guys, I will be meeting with the project coordinator in the next few days and don't worry, I will ask a lot of questions! If anyone has any questions that you would like asked, let me know!

Towntalk

Has there been any new news yet about the restoration of the Paramount Theater building?

Rick Rowlands

What could be more negative than the alternative?  Paved parking lot or renovated theatre?  I'll opt for the second option.

candy

The news about the Paramount was posted at Cinema Treasures, and before we get too excited about Grand Venues, we should read the comments. This web site is devoted to the preservation of theaters, and the comments were negative about the developer.

Leah

That's great news.  I heard that it was an Illinois company that purchased the building.  They paid $79,900 for it.  The renovations are estimated to cost $3.5 million with an estimated competion time of 3 years.

So, we shouldn't expect overnight changes.  But still great news.

jay

The Paramount Theater has been purchased by an Illinois company.  They plan to turn the building into a performance space and theater.