News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

17th city murder

Started by Towntalk, September 26, 2010, 01:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

any comments that police chief jimmy huges makes i take it with a grain of salt. huges said back in January that st Dom's area is  not bedrock of criminal activity 8 months later he has a change of opinion. the police chief has been on the police force over thirty yrs his eyes are finally opening. tarpley and williams are a piece of work when it comes to leadership in this town. i would not vote for them if they ran for dog catcher in this town that goes with the other city leaders in this town. the ytown residents MUST PUT PRESSURE on all city leaders and other city residents to turn this town around for the betterment of our future livelyhood in this town.

Rushblvd

I will guess the attempted burglary was probably because people heard the name and street name of the victims so they prey on that ..Almost to the point that everyone on that street better have some people watch there houses while they are at the calling hours and services..Bad people know this and will jump at the chance to take what is not theirs.
As far as the shot-spotter working --good question Jay, now we need an answer to that from the police..
Regarding 12- shots being fired at or into that car---My God good these punks could not see they where elderly white people--it's the middle of the afternoon--unless the lowlife scum (garbage worm--magotts) had there eyes closed while they were shooting which would not surprise me at all....
To the police my guess is a relative is hiding the last piece of scum ---Will you charge them with aiding and abetting??
To the courts---Do something pro-active---Stand up to these people--you keep letting everyone out onto the streets to commit more crime -your taxpayers move out---now who is paying your salary?
Something has to give- residents are trying to be active--but its getting real hard to stay postive when stuff like this goes on....

Towntalk

BREAKING NEWS
Judge sets bond at $3 Million for Kevin Agee who faces charges of aggravated murder and felonious assault in the Sept. 25 shooting death of 75-year-old Thomas J. Repchic.

Towntalk

That is what I thought. First an "attempted burglary" then a killing ... both in one day, hours apart.

Rick Rowlands

Too much of a coincidence, don't you think?   I don't think that they should put this case to bed yet.

Towntalk

'Mistaken identity' says Police Chief
http://www.vindy.com/news/2010/sep/29/mistaken-identity/

Another twist to story:
"An attempted burglary at the Repchics' Trenton Avenue home Saturday, the same day of the shooting, is unrelated to the murder investigation and appears to be an opportunistic crime, Hughes said."

Was it?

jay

The deceased was an active member of a south side block watch.

jay

A report on the TV news this morning indicated that the YPD recovered the shooter's red Dodge Durango.

Towntalk

Ron Verb has been talking about this all afternoon --- Radio 570 WKBN.

jay

I've heard that twelve shots were fired at the car.

Questions
Was more than one gun used?

Was the gun an automatic weapon?

Did the shot spotter effectively detect the location and the number of shots?