News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bank Does Not Want His Money

Started by jay, May 02, 2023, 06:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

I hate to add this but very few businesses, if any, care what other businesses have on hand.

I also won't be surprised when we find out that the whole "lack of coins" was to promote a cashless society AND we find that as being true AFTER we are cashless and someone decides to hit the switch, shutting off the ability to use our digital currency.

Call me crazy if you want but the Canadian government easily shut off the credit/debit cards of truckers that were protesting Canada's overdone covid lockdown and our government has proved that ain't much better, by asking and receiving the list of anyone that used a credit card anywhere near Washington DC around Jan 6th 2021 as if they should know who was there even if 95% of those people had nothing to do with the more peaceful than 2020 protests that particular day. And keep in mind other countries don't even have to hit the switch to temporarily shut us down electronically, they can do that permanently if they want.

FWIW, I hope I'm wrong

jay

It has been my observation over the last few months that several eateries have not been able to make correct change (in coins).  I've noted this in other posts.

I would think a bank should want to have enough coins on hand to meet the demand of the all the business customers such as eateries. 

Why?Town

Very few businesses, if any, offer their service nor their product for free and exchanging coins for cash could be considered both.

He should have opened an account at that bank, deposited the rolled coins and then withdrew his cash.

jay

A man came to a local bank recently.  He carried a cloth bag containing dozens of coin rolls.  He placed the coin rolls in front of a teller, and she provided metal trays in which to place the rolled coins.  The man loaded several of these trays.  At this point, the teller asked if the man had an account at this bank.   The man replied NO. 
The teller then said she could not accept the rolled coins because the man did not have an account.  The teller then passed all the rolled coins back to the man and he placed them back into the bag and left the bank unhappy.