News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

When Is the Next City Council Meeting?

Started by jay, August 19, 2008, 10:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggy

Again, if it wasn't for David Skolnick we would not know of tomorrow's meeting, as it was not announced in the Vindy under Wednesday agenda.

The department has been top heavy for years and should have been addressed long before now. What concerns me however is the mayor refused to "guarantee" the hiring of new officers to cover retirements as well as the mention of part-time officers.

Our city cannot afford to have any less officers, and this should be the last place to make cuts for cost saving purposes.

We are all aware of the numbers, but there has been no explanation as to how you go from a 2.2 million surplus to a 6.2 million deficit in two years. Perhaps when the 2006 audit, which is usually done in January, finally appears there may be some answers.

Towntalk

They want to cut the number of management level officers because there are more of them than regular officers.

As each of the management level officers retire more money will be available for new officers.

As I understand the Mayor, there would be a moratorium on promotions in order to bring about a balance.

Elmo-Ytown

If anyone is able to go, will they post details afterward?

I haven't heard about the YPD reorganization, anyone know what they're doing?

Towntalk

If what I heard on the news is correct, one of the topics will be the reorgaization of YPD.

Elmo-Ytown

Is anything special going on at the special meeting?

Defend Youngstown

There is a special City council meeting tomorrow at 5:30pm and then the regular session begins again on the 17th of Sept.

jay

When is the next Youngstown City Council meeting?