News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Items Given By Candidates

Started by jay, January 27, 2008, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I actually would like to see a display of items from past local political races.  It would certainly bring back some memories.

Towntalk

The other day while cleaning out a file cabnet drawer I found a pile of political handout junk that I collected over the years, and your post leaves me to ask ... are we really impressed by nail files, buttons, cards, matches and the like when we go to vote? Is our vote so cheap that we would vote for the man who gave us the best stuff?

One of the pieces of junk was a toy Deputy Sheriff badge that Phil Chance passed out. Another was a two colors felt tip pen.

Campaign buttons, especially Presidential buttons are quite collectable and can be worth collecting, but most of the junk we get deserves to be filed in the nearest trash can ASAP.

jay

I attended a church fundraiser dinner over the weekend.  Candidates were also in attendance to greet the public.  Many of these politicians handed out various items such as nail files, magnets, ink pens and literature.  The one item sought after by many citizens was a book of matches.