News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Hold Big Plastic accountable

Started by tonybudak@tbmw.org, August 25, 2018, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybudak@tbmw.org

As you indicate, the problem is like an onion, there are many overlapping layers. But where to start? For me, I like a realistic goal that's stated in the topic title "Hold Big Plastic Accountable", so that is the invite. Are you up to help along with others to really "Hold Big Plastic Accountable"?

Why?Town

I think about plastic every single day.

I just typed this into my keyboard made of plastic, I took my leftover diner out of a plastic (styrofoam actually) carton to eat lunch. The styrofoam then went into a plastic trash bag.

Here's a list of what else I see just siting at me desk:
The "body"of my printer
the "body"of my scanner
the "body" of my monitor
the "body" of my calculator
the "body" of my stapler
the "bodies" of a couple of digital cameras, one is dead.
Vicks Vaporub jar
small battery powered lantern
the handles on a pair of scissors
two different chip clips

Come to think of it, I didn't even realize how much plastic I actually have here. I'm just going to stop the list now as I may end up running the whole area out of electricity before I'm done.

Everyone has just about as much random  plastic as I do, yet the first item shown in that video is plastic straws. Plastic straws which have been banned in some locations because some people in government are trying to save the world. Considering the amount of straws needed to equal any plastic item on my desk, or yours, it's so sad they go after straws of all things. Making so many things on my desk out of something besides plastic would be so much better for everyone.