News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Remembering Esther Hamilton

Started by Towntalk, September 18, 2015, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Here are two more that in the goodness of my heart I will share with you just to establish the fact that I am the greatest in what I do, supreme in every way.

Towntalk

To prove that I am the very best of the very best beyond which there can be no question or doubt. Here are two photos of the Tod House one in 1868 and the other in 1908.

Towntalk

The mid 1800's. I have a photo of the second Tod Hotel that is dated 1889, as well as a photo dated in the mid 1830's of the first Tod Hotel. Aren't I just about the grandest person you ever had the honor and privelage of knowing?

AllanY2525

When did the first Tod Hotel burn down?  I remember reading that they rebuilt, and I think I
have a photo of the new Tod hotel that was built on that same spot.

Towntalk

Don't forget Allan et al. the Tod House in 1902 was the best hotel in Youngstown Delux Supreme and had the best of everything for the time. There were two other hotels that would have gotten a four star rating on the west end of downtown Youngstown, and there was no Hotel Ohio yet, that site was still occupied by The Youngstown Carrage Works. When the elite and wealthy came calling, they stayed at the Tod House. The Tod House even had a Presidential Suite in case the U. S. President came calling and was able to boast that several Presidents stayed there when they were in town.

AllanY2525

The article about the menu at the Tod House really got me... $2.00 for a room AND all of
that food?

I can only wonder what that would cost in today's dollars.....

:)

Towntalk

Esther also had a 15 minute radio program Tuesday nights on WFMJ 1951-1952.

sfc_oliver

I can honestly say that her column was probably the first blog i ever read.....
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>