News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WKBN-TV News Changes

Started by Towntalk, September 09, 2015, 07:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

There is talk that by 2016 the FCC will break up WKBN and WYTV's arrangement, and no doubt WYTV will have to move out of 3930 Sunset Blvd. and back to their building on Shady Run Road which leads to a lot of yet unanswered questions such as why WYTV would invest in a new set and all. Neither station is talking about the FCC move or that the owners of WYTV plan to sell the station.

In the wake of all this, it's a good thing that Stan is moving over toWKBN because when the WYTV sale was talked about there was talk that the new owners might drop News altogether. Stay tuned for any updates.

Peggy Gurney

I'm not either. I'm going back to WKBN. Went to WYTV when Ryan Halicki was sent over there to do the weather full time.
Sorry Ryan. Wish you were going back to WKBN.  :(
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

If these clips are any example of his work, I will no longer be a 33 news viewer.

Irishbobcat

I did some digging....there will be a new face on 33 for the 5:30 & 6...a kid from Youngstown who served a couple of marine tours, went to college, ended up doing sports and reporting in Palm Springs.  Found some youtube vides of him...very few of TV news, most of him doing stand-up comedy and low-budget sketch comedy....including one of him peeing off a mountain.  Classy.  They are all about 2 years old, and, the one doing news, he seems very stiff.  he has likely improved/been groomed

his you tube videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/corbanbaker

Peggy Gurney

Funny there is nothing about this on either they wkbn or wytv websites.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Stan didn't say, but WKBN will drop Daytime Jeprody so that there will be all news from 5:00 till 6:30 when they will have CBS News.

Peggy Gurney

Is Erika Thomas sticking around?

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

If you'll recall, several years ago they did the same thing and dumped Bob Black and one of the female reporters and now both are with WFMJ with Bob as anchor and she as news director. WKBN Radio also dumped a number of their on air personal including John Nagy who had been with the station when it was still owned by the Williamsons.

Peggy Gurney

I'm wondering why the big shake up ?   Cutting Dave back... Moving Stan over to anchor Fox news at 10 and wkbn at 11... when he's been at 33 news for 27 + years?
Odd...
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

From Stan Boney tonight --- The man who will replace him is Corban Baker who came from Brookfield and is a YSU grad who is coming to 33 from a station in Palm Springs Calif. KMIR-TV

http://www.kmir.com/story/25118868/corban-baker

Towntalk

As soon as the 21st.  33 is bringin a new man to take Stan's place at 33.

Peggy Gurney

I spoke with Ryan Halicki tonight. He said that he is staying in his job as the 6 and 11 pm meteorologist at WYTV 33.  He also hinted at some big changes coming soon.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

My question is how the changes will impact the news and sports on WYTV-33.

Towntalk

Dave will also anchor the 5:30 news which means that he will be anchoring an hour and a half 5:00 to 6:30 PM.

Peggy Gurney

hmm I wonder what's up with Dave?

~ Normal is overrated ~