News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Youngstown Rip Off Scam

Started by Towntalk, September 06, 2015, 09:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Stewie favors the City's entrance into the toll booth business, cause he works for the City.

Youngstownshrimp

jay

The citations (possibly 1,800) are in the mail .

If you received one, let us know and tell us how many you received.

Towntalk

Peggy Gurney

WHY on earth would you possibly hope for that TT??  Why should our businesses and our neighborhoods suffer??
I do not understand that point of view at all.

Like I have said all along, and will say again and will continue to say.... if you don't want to get caught speeding, DON'T SPEED!
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

I hope that some of the groups that hold festivals in Youngstown next year move their festivals to Boardman, if not all of them, and boycott Cavelli and DeYor and Stambaugh shows.

Irishbobcat

Today I had to go into Y-town and made it a point to stay off of 680 so I took Poland Ave into the city and South Ave out of town. I do hope the speed cameras ticket the Mill Creek Security and Youngstown City Schools Security cars that routinely do 65 in the 50 zone daily....

Towntalk

You are 100000000000000000000000000000000000000% right Dennis. More and more people are going to stop coming into the city to events here to the point that the only people attending them are the welfare people of Youngstown with limited money to spend, and all the events will move to Boardman like the St. Patrick Day Parade. What these fools in City Hall fail to realize is the Suburbans with their disposable cash need Youngstown like a man needs Prostate Cancer, but Youngstown desperately needs the cash that the suburbans have to spend.

Irishbobcat

I have already made it a practice to stay out of our current speed traps such as Poland village, township, and Campbell as much as possible....if the mayor wants me to stay off of 680 and out of Y-town that's fine....I'll just spend more of money in my own city helping support small businesses and my neighbors.....

Towntalk

Lets all step back a moment and take a deep breath. This whole business didn't come up until this year after a series of serious accidents on 680 at or near one particular location. What I would like to see is a report that shows the number of accidents of all types on our freeways over a period of say five years. Records are kept that not only give the number, but also the location along the expressway. What stretches stand out as being the locations of most of the accidents? What were the conditions? If certain locations stand out year after year as the locations of most of the accidents, then set speed limits on those locations and enforce the speed limits, but do not lower the speed limit for the whole expressway. 

If I'm right the police will only be watching certain areas of the expressway where most of the accidents this year have taken place. This is quite logical and reasonable, and why anyone would object is beyond me.

stewie

People are speeding on 680. The vindy had an article a while back. The City is trying to get people to slow down without putting Officers in harms way. So now the vindy is saying that the city is wrong in enforcing the speed limit in this manner. 
Have you ever been near a freeway when cars are flying by at 60-70 mph with winding curves making it impossible for them to see you on the shoulder?

I guess what you are saying is that you want to be permitted to speed.

stewie

So why do you think the speed limit is 50 Rick?

Rick Rowlands

Dozens of accidents out of tens of thousands of safe passages per day at speeds higher than 50 sounds like a safe road to me.   60 mph limit would still be a safe speed and more accurately reflect the speeds that most people are SAFELY driving at. 

People who have safely driven 680 day in and day out for years, and do it at the same speed as the guy in front, to the rear and to the side, will now be getting fines that will make it impossible for them to pay their bills.  Why do you hate your fellow citizen Stewie?  Why do you wish this upon them? 

stewie

Btw all of you. When you drive 711 or 680 do you think "hey I better slow down" ?

stewie

The speed limit on 680 isn't 50 just because. The curves make driving it at 65 dangerous. That is proven by the dozens of accidents and fatalities. Go 55 you won't get a ticket.  Speeding is illegal and unsafe.