News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

GREAT IDEA FOR FLAGSHIP STORE DOWNTOWN

Started by Towntalk, May 05, 2015, 11:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I think a mini Target or other general merchandise store could do well downtown,
if the proprietor were to carefully research exactly what their prospective customers
want and need the most.

I'm guessing that there would be a decent demand for:

*Groceries, at REAL grocery store prices (not jacked up, convenience store prices)
*Office supplies, copying services like Kinko's or Staples would offer
*Dollar Store(like) stuff (us older people used to call this a "5 and dime")
*Computer sales, service and supplies store - college students would patronize this
*A small book store - again, college students would probably patronize this.

If the hotel project on the square goes through, it will help to further legitimize
the need for these types of stores downtown.

Towntalk

Most of the flee infested straggely haired, chicks are happiest when they are sloshing down cheap beer between drags on their pot. That's the future of Youngstown??? And the male youth aren't any better except for the infestation ... theirs are lice. God help us all.

Peggy Gurney

Me too TT, but that's not what draws in the younger crowd, i.e. under 40's and college students.
That's what they want down there, not us old farts.   ;)
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Hopefully with so many new faces in City Council, they will look to make downtown Youngstown more than an entertainment center (I hate Rock 'n Roll and all that other garbage that passes for music). Give me a good Jazz orchestra; a Crossover orchestra; and real singers who respect themselves and their voices and I'm as happy as an oyster in a shell.

Irishbobcat

I know Target has been experimenting with smaller stores called "Target Express".....putting them in old CVS , Wal-Greens, Rite-Aid size stores.....

I would still at least like to see a dollar type store go in somewhere down town...or a good copy center/office supplies store.....

AllanY2525

Maybe they could talk to Frangos about the Wick building.....?

Towntalk

http://wkbn.com/2015/05/05/macys-tests-off-price-store/
If our city leaders had an ounce of intelligence in their collective brains, or what passes for brains here is a possable flagship store that could be brought downtown.
1. See just how much space Macy's would need.
2. Identify a building downtown that the city has control over.
3. Offer space to Macy's FREE for 10 years just to get them down there.
If we could get a flagship store with that brand downtown, then other retail businesses would have second thoughts about relocating there.
The city doesn't own the PNC building on the Square, but if it partnered with the owners that would be an ideal place for a MACY'S BACKSTAGE STORE.