News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Governor Approves Outdoor Booze Guzzling

Started by Towntalk, April 30, 2015, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

AllanY2525

Quote from: Peggy Gurney on May 05, 2015, 04:21:50 PM
They're going to have to, if Youngstown passes this.

I suspect that these establishments will have their own bouncer/security person(s) to keep
an eye on their outdoor areas and make sure folks are behaving, etc.  Some of them
might already be using off duty cops....a lot of places do this.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: sfc_oliver on May 05, 2015, 03:53:46 PM
Does this mean we can grab a beer at the Lowellville fest and carry it out of the fest area?

No.  This is for designated areas only. Not a free for all.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Irishbobcat on May 03, 2015, 06:34:22 PM
Well, maybe we should then get the YPD to walk the beat and patrol the open drinking areas downtown...wow...what a unique concept!!!!!

They're going to have to, if Youngstown passes this.
~ Normal is overrated ~

sfc_oliver

Does this mean we can grab a beer at the Lowellville fest and carry it out of the fest area?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

By the way, back then, (1950's) they had beat cops that patrolled downtown Youngstown. On the east end though the Master Cruiser patrolled east of the Square.

Towntalk

Now my friend that is a  :)  VERY GOOD IDEA  :)   8)  VERY GOOD INDEED.  8)   ;D  I SUPPORT THAT IDEA 100%.  ;D

Irishbobcat

Well, maybe we should then get the YPD to walk the beat and patrol the open drinking areas downtown...wow...what a unique concept!!!!!

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Irishbobcat on May 03, 2015, 11:06:32 AM
What's the difference between allowing this and tailgating at YSU football games? I don't know what the big hub-bub is all about.....

The tailgate parties at YSU are inside gates areas, and are closely patrolled and monitored by YSU PD.
Big difference.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Irishbobcat

Well, then think of it being a job-creations bill! We can hire folks out of high school again to scrub the sidewalks and buildings again!  :laugh:

Towntalk

1. My first job out of high school was at a jewelry store, and every morning our boss had to come in early to scrub down the entrance area with hot water and a gallon of bleach to kill the smell of urine that was placed there the night before by drunks.
2. For those working downtown back in the '50's that smell was the first thing that hit them as they came to work.
3. I seriously believe that once the outdoor drinking starts in ernest, that age old problem will come back again.

Irishbobcat

What's the difference between allowing this and tailgating at YSU football games? I don't know what the big hub-bub is all about.....

iwasthere

Quote from: PD on April 30, 2015, 10:47:20 PM
Woo hoo. We do it anyway so now it's legal!!
pd thank God you are not a political office holder concerning your statement. :o

Towntalk

The place where he works has such things as wedding receptions and other VIP functions where drinks are served to VIP's and the upper crust of society by invite only. Bigh brow you know and if your not part of the local Who's Who you're just out of luck. No invite.

Peggy Gurney

Sooooooooooo??  What is his reasoning?
~ Normal is overrated ~