News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Yet ANOTHER bar in downtown Youngstown....

Started by Peggy Gurney, April 28, 2015, 12:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

That is as wonderful as wonderful can be Peggy. Thanks for the heads up my friend.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Nicholas Serra on May 05, 2015, 02:39:57 PM
Only thing that upsets me about the current state of downtown is the lack of live music. Cedars and Barleys used to fill that void. Suzies is starting to have bands more often though.

Martini Bros and Warehouse 50 both have live music
~ Normal is overrated ~

Nicholas Serra

Only thing that upsets me about the current state of downtown is the lack of live music. Cedars and Barleys used to fill that void. Suzies is starting to have bands more often though.

Peggy Gurney

There are still some places that do this.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I can remember a time when some of the classier places would PUT a suit jacket on a guest if they
showed up for dinner and were not properly dressed for the occasion.....

Towntalk

By the way that ad was from 1939 so adjust for inflation. Moore's was a high class restaurant reserved for the affluent. It was next to the Tod Hotel on the corner of Market Street and Boardman Street.

Towntalk

That's alright, actually I'm sound asleep and this is all a dream ... nay nightmare. :laugh:

AllanY2525

Yepp....a live pianist and vocals.... A touch of class rarely seen in the less expensive joints nowadays.

Sorry if I don't respond immediately.... I am at work and read/post messages in between work stuff....

Towntalk

It's taking you too long, so I'll tell you. It says "Chicken In The Rough (No knives or forks.). Geese

Towntalk

Take a gander at Moore's Sky Room Menu and tell me what you see.

AllanY2525

I love some of those old black and white movies that show dinner clubs where they have
live performances, with small tables of two to four people and candles on each table, etc.
Definitely the more classy joints, not to mention a little romantic.....dinner by candle light
complete with entertainment.

:)

Towntalk

There were also some on Market Street and South Avenue, and when you went to any of these places they all had dress codes, you didn't go in looking like you just got off your shift at the mill.

Towntalk

And on the North Side

Towntalk

Towntalk

Here are just three examples that were located downtown.