News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Nothing New!

Started by Towntalk, April 22, 2015, 05:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

The last Letter From The People I wrote brought the cops and WFMJ to my house to do an interview that appeared on the 6:00 news  ;D  Since then I have kept a low profile due to my outspoken nature. ;)  I tend to get carried away when I address something of great importance, and only Dan Ryan, bless him understood where I was coming from and used my stuff daily.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on April 26, 2015, 07:54:34 PM
If folks don't know how to navigate Federal Street there is something radically wrong with their mental capacity ... we're talking about a three block stretch. As for the East End Ditto ... this ain't New York or Cleveland don't ya know. This tomfoolery is as crazy as it can possably be. Stupidity to the extreme!

LOL downtown is larger than just Federal Street, but I do agree with everyone.  These signs are a colossal waste of money that can be better used elsewhere.

Have you written any editorials for the Sunday Vindicator TT?  This would be a good one.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Unfortunately I'm surrounded by 12 FM stations some of which are just a couple of blocks away, and all high power and broadcasting in stereo, and some with subchannels.

jay

I get the best reception for WKTL on my car radio.  I've been able to listen to the station beyond Lake Milton.

Towntalk

If folks don't know how to navigate Federal Street there is something radically wrong with their mental capacity ... we're talking about a three block stretch. As for the East End Ditto ... this ain't New York or Cleveland don't ya know. This tomfoolery is as crazy as it can possably be. Stupidity to the extreme!

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on April 26, 2015, 07:12:34 PM
Would signage along 680 coming from Poland and Austintown  be what they are thinking?

Nope.  The signage they're talking about will be installed in downtown Youngstown.
These will be directional signs, showing people how get from point A to point B.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

Would signage along 680 coming from Poland and Austintown  be what they are thinking?

Peggy Gurney

Very nice. Your posts are quite informative.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

What did you think of the FB site?

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Rick Rowlands

Each side of town shouldn't have to promote themselves.  We all pay taxes to the city, and then the city uses that tax money to hire a full time position just to promote downtown, and then uses its money for signage to only promote downtown, etc.  We are asking for equal representation, thats all.

Youngstown is not huge.  It is a city of 60,000 people, so it should be easy enough for a full time employee to promote the entire city.  It also should not be difficult to add the amount of signage needed to promote all places worthwhile to go to in the city.

Its time to think of ALL of Youngstown.

Irishbobcat

OK....I get it!!!!!  :laugh:

Towntalk

Again, I'm NOT falting the West Side ... I AM FALTING THOSE IN MY OWN WARD ... GET IT ... THOSE IN MY OWN WARD ... I'M ALSO FAULTING THE SWCC OR WHATEVER IT'S NAME IS ... IT'S WEB SITE IS NON EXISTENT. ONE OF IT'S LEADERS WANTS TO BE OUR NEXT 7th WARD COUNCILMAN.

Irishbobcat

That's great Peggy! I hope you will continue to be a cheerleader for the NS.....We should be pro-active and positive instead of being negative and critical of west siders

who are being pro-active and positive as well!

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Irishbobcat on April 26, 2015, 11:02:08 AM
What is the problem with West Side residents promoting their side of town? If they are proud of their efforts and want to promote them....go for it.

One can't help that the other sides of town are not pro-active and do not promote their efforts and successes....Clean up your ends of town and tell us about it!

You can't fault the west side for probably being the most attractive side of town.....and working hard to keeping it that way!

pfffttt the north side is just as attractive as the west side.  Most of the north side is VERY pro-active and we do promote our efforts and successes.  :)

TT, I did not know that you have a FB account.  Hook me up.
~ Normal is overrated ~