News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Lansingville Parade

Started by kenneyjoe330, June 12, 2014, 05:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Towntalk

It's my honor my friend ... I've always admired your work from afar, but now have the privelage of being a real part of it, and will never forget your kindness.

I was sorry that I missed the picnic, but had a family emergency back home in Pa., and didn't get back to town till very late last night, but I look forward to all the other 7th Ward events coming up. By the way that was a nice writeup that the event got in the Vindicator.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/jul/13/th-ward-residents-celebrate-community/?mobile

kenneyjoe330

GJC

Thank You Towntalk for your kind words.  It was great meeting you and I am so very glad you had such a great time at the parade.  Maybe next year we can have a "MahoningvalleyForm" get together at the parade, after all it is OUR Birthday.  When I am in the parade I love to shout "Happy Birthday to US ! ! ! "  I absolutely love the expression on people's faces when I say that and when they "get it".  If I see they don't get it soon I say "Happy Birthday to The United States and THAT IS US ! ! ! "  Then they "get it" and it is almost like a double smile.  Sometimes people can get so tied up with Ethnic Stuff that they forget they are a part of this Great Country in which we live and call HOME  :-*

Thanks for the CD's.  Truth be told - I am not keen on ol'Frank but I KNOW I will love the Patriotic Songs  :-*

Towntalk

Let me add just one more little thought ... today, thanks to all you great folks I felt right at home with all of you for the first time since my Mother and I moved to Youngstown, and that was 64 years ago and I only wish that I could thank all of you individually.

Towntalk

What a great day ... thank you Kenny ... for my part, it was one of the best even though after the first third of the way I had to hitch a ride I'll be looking forward to next years parade ... and again thank you.

cc4

I will be sorry to miss the parade this year also.  Are the babas coming???

Please eat a hot dog for me, kennyjoe.

kenneyjoe330

:'( :'( :'(  We will DEFINATLY MISS YOU AND YOURS ! ! !

I am almost positive last year was the ONLY time we had it on Sunday.  We wanted it at the same time as "The Gay Parade" but they got the date before us.  The police department would have a difficult time with two parades at the same time - probably the fire department also.
I will sure miss youns!    :'( :'( :'(

jay

Wasn't the Lansingville Parade on a Sunday other years? ???

I can not make it to the parade on a Saturday.
:'(

Towntalk

Now I have a lot of cool friends here. ... How about a get together some Sunday morning at Subway for eats and a gab fest? That would really be cool. I have a huge music library of popular music that I enjoy sharing, and once I get another batch of blank CD's  I could put together some really cool CD's for my friends.

kenneyjoe330

A
      A A    A
AAA            AAAA     AMEN SISTER ! ! !
                         AA

You live in the Crochen Park Area - we are almost neighbors  8)
If we get subs that is where we go - I hope to see you around !

Towntalk

I live right behind the Subway on East Midlothian and am quite satisfied with my apartment ... it's a hell of a lot better than my old digs on the North Side. As to making light about my age ... shoot, I can't stop it ... it's a fact of life so why not make the best of it while I can.

kenneyjoe330

WELCOME NEWBIE Towntalk to the SEVENTH WARD - The Highest to a TEN that Youngstown goes  ::)   May all you Dreams Come True here in in SEVEN so close to Heaven  :D

Hay Hay don't worry about the port a pots - thanks to Purple Cat we've got it covered.  How many times I have thought about stoping at the port a pots along the road for the construction workers  :-\
If I did not have other committments that day I would be very glad to drive Ms. Tt around.  You are very funny about your age - I am only a hand full of years younger than you - finishing up on my 6's and soon into my 7's  ::)   When I go shopping I have to tell myself that this buggie is NOT your walker.  I hear my Mother (RIP) and Sister Boniventure (RIP) say "STRAIGHTEN UP, SHOLDERS BACK, CHIN UP"  It works for a few isles then they start YELLING AGAIN !!!  Is that 2nd childhood?
Hope you find MANY kind souls. :-*

Towntalk

:laugh: Oh, and a porta-potty wouldn't go amiss  :laugh:

Towntalk

The CD is three marching songs:
1. Seventy Six Trombones
2. Stars and Stripes Forever
3. Washington Post March
The CD is set up to replay the three songs automatically.
As a newbe in the 7th Ward, I would love to attend the do, but as I don't drive, some gracious soul would have to pick me up and bring me home. Remember that I'm a dottering old 75 year old broad just hours away from needong a walker an ear trumpet and a seeing eye dog.

kenneyjoe330

Sorry I have not talked to iwasthere lately - I will have to give him a call !  Hope to see you on the 28th  :laugh:

Towntalk

Kenny did iwasthere say anything about a CD that I made for use onone of the floats?