News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Lemon Grove 2013

Started by jay, August 13, 2013, 09:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Mumphrey

Yes, very poor service. So-So food somewhat overpriced. Drinks were way overpriced after moving into the new location. On 2 occasions I had the bar help "round up" drink prices. I bought a drink for $4.75 and gave them a twenty. I got 15 dollars back in change. They expanded too big too soon.

Mary_Krupa

There is no mystery why it hasn't succeeded as a restaurant. Very poor service. End of discussion.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Billy Mumphrey

jay

The Lemon Grove was cool  8) when the arts crowd was there.

With the arrival of Guys, the crowd changed (and shrunk).

Where do the artist hang out now?

Billy Mumphrey

The owner may say he is not going out of business but he reminds me of a boxer who has already been knocked down 3 times
in a fight. Sooner or later you eventually get knocked out.
Maybe he should write to Spike TV and get on the "Bar Rescue" program.

Towntalk

Apparently the Lemon Grove, no matter what name it goes by should just look to move to a new location outside the downtown area.

Towntalk

Big article about the Lemon Grove in today's Vindicator.

The Lemon Grove on its third name, business model http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/aug/21/downtown-bar-strives-to-make-a-name-for-/  

northside lurker

Quote from: jay on August 20, 2013, 03:32:36 PM
Someone told me today that the name is being changed to Knox.   It may become more of a sports bar.

I don't know, but I had the impression that the building was originally named the Knox Building.  Maybe, under the EIFS, there is a stone with the name Knox carved into it?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on August 20, 2013, 03:32:36 PM
Someone told me today that the name is being changed to Knox.   It may become more of a sports bar.
i wish the owners well.

jay

Billy Mumphrey

The old location had a feel to it. The new location with the addition of Guy's BBQ makes the place feel like it doesn't know what direction it wants to go.

jay

I recently visited the Lemon Grove CafĂ©.  The place has really changed.  I liked it better at the old location.