News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

International Women's Day

Started by Billy Mumphrey, March 08, 2013, 05:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

what i am saying different grps that you mentioned honor mothers and other women for their contributions in their organizations on MD but other grps do honor women for their contributions throughout the yr in the mah valley. will you join in the fight for the passage to have the ERA amendment to be a pt the usa constitution.

Why?Town

You'll have to agree to disagree because you're twisting the meaning of one or the other.

MD recognizes only mothers, not every woman, for being motherly.

IWD is about equal rights for all women.

iwasthere

i agree to disagree with you, these holidays honor women in all their achievements that you mentioned by using different titles for the same recognition in different modes. 

Why?Town

Mother's Day, celebrated on different dates in different countries, generally celebrates motherhood and it is a time to appreciate mothers and mother figures.

International Women's Day is a world wide day set aside to recognize and campaign for women's rights to work, vote, be trained, to hold public office and end discrimination.

I see practically no similarities.

iwasthere

this day is similiar to usa Mothers's Day.

Billy Mumphrey

International Women's Day (March 8th) is a big deal in most Slavic countries. It celebrates all women, no matter what their occupation. Women are given flowers and candy in a non-romantic expression of appreciation for all they do for the family and nation. In a few countries such as Russia and Bulgaria, International Women's Day is an official national holiday. A salute to all women for their contributions to our lives!