News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bomb threat at Canfield High School

Started by Billy Mumphrey, March 07, 2013, 11:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i rather be safe then sorry in any case that puts people in harms way. the ccs district administration can send a strong message to all stds by coming down on this ind(s) through expulsion for the entire yr or expel the std(s) from the school district.

Billy Mumphrey

Mr. Rowlands: I will agree with your statement I personally know of an administrator who years ago received a bomb threat and weighed the credibility of the threat and did not evacuate the building. He believed a student who was suspended the day before called in the threat. When police went to the student's home, the student confessed to calling in the threat. That principal's reward? He was called into executive session at the next board meeting and reprimanded for not evacuating the building and for putting children in harm's way.

Rick Rowlands

No I do not agree.  There is a point of absurdity that I see many school administrators are crossing.  Suspending a child for a pop tart that looks like a gun, suspending a student for disarming another student, disrupting an entire school over a non credible bomb threat are all examples of this zero tolerance for intelligence mentality. 

A good school administrator would have the ability to weigh the credibility of such a threat and weigh that against the disruption caused by making it public and closing down an entire school.  But many schools now have policies that mandate the most extreme responses to all situations.  It is as if all intelligent decisionmaking ability has been stripped from the public school systems.

iwasthere

its Spring fever the hormones are jumpin.

Billy Mumphrey

In this day and age, schools need to take all necessary safety precautions. Don't you agree?

Rick Rowlands

If they did not think the threat was credible why send the kids home?