News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Munroe Falls to appeal Ohio Supreme Court on oil drilling operations

Started by Billy Mumphrey, February 26, 2013, 05:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Fortunately, Ohio still has free enterprise thinkers left and a strong manufacturing history that with the Utica, Youngstowners will see that keeping control out of the hands of the politically corrupt will ensure our prosperity.  Youngstown is incapable of governing high tech drilling and the Global energy companies will never allow it, they will move out if they have to sit in front of Gillam, Kitchen, Ray, Sasho and the rest of the unqualified ilk.

iwasthere

i wanted you to show me several years ago your shrimp farm to have a q and a concerning your plight with the city to assist you to resolve this matter. i did not hear from you. as for the current leadership in this town to run a business they cannot run a lemonade stand without filing chapter 13 before the first day of business ends.

Youngstownshrimp

Iwasthere, take it from someone with experience, the best teacher.  The City of Youngstown used municipal power to prevent me from farming my own land in Youngstown.  Look at how they are blocking chickens on several vacant lots.  It may sound good , but if they are allowed to control energy, no drilling will happen at all.  The City right now is full of uneducated unqualified so- called- leaders that have no experience in anything productive. 
I'll give you this, change the City gov to a City manager and I agree control can be maintained.  Otherwise, I do not want Gillam, Kitchen, Ray and the unqualified telling me how energy harvesting should be governed.

iwasthere

the jest of the article is that the city officials want the gas and oil co to obtain certain permits before they drill. the city officials want to make a few extra dollars for the city coffers. they are not blocking any drilling of gas and oil wells but they want their local control back into their civic hands to avoid any more confrontatons and miss understandings with other gas and oil in the near future.

Youngstownshrimp

Fools.... municipalities are not qualified to govern energy production.  This is just a ruse by the entitled urbanites who see a source of additional handouts, pure and simple.  And for the environmentalist a move to expedite perpetual motion development.

Billy Mumphrey

Considering the recent news in Youngstown regarding the citizens charter amendment regarding fracking, I found this related story.
http://www.stowsentry.com/news%20local/2013/02/24/munroe-falls-plans-appeal-to-ohio-supreme-court-on-local-control-of-gas-oil-drilling-operations