News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Moving The Mahoning County Democratic Party Headquarters

Started by jay, December 22, 2012, 07:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on December 24, 2012, 05:58:29 AM
Even the Democratic Party has abandoned the city.
can it be they have little in thier coffers that they seek else where for cheaper rent.

jay

Towntalk

Mahoning Plaza whatever, since I don't bother ramming around to political playgrounds I still say that I won't lose a miliseconds worth of sleep. If it's in the plaza, you can bet your last slice of fruit cake that they won't let it stand empty any longer than it takes to find a new business to move in.

No plaza developer worth his salt will allow his investment to fall into the hands of vandals.

Liberty Plaza was falling into decline for some time till WalMart moved in and now they have a waiting list of businesses that want to move in there. They have some great stores there that I shop at, and Churchill Commons Commons is fast becoming another shopping center with a number of stores and services moving in, and for that matter there is another shopping plaza between the two that is full of businesses so in one shopping trip to get my groceries each month, I can get all my monthly shopping done, do my banking, mail my packages, and stop in to many restaurants for lunch, and be home at noon.

Oh and there's also the Union Square Plaza ... also full where I can also do shopping at in between my monthly journies to Giant Eagle. No empty stores there either.

jay

The Mahoning County Democratice Party headquarters was located at 3325 Mahoning Avenue (former Mahoning Bank unit) in the Mahoning Plaza which is in the City of Youngstown just east of Meridian Road.

Unfortunately, the Mahoning Plaza already has several other vacant storefronts.

Towntalk

Jay, since when is Austintown a part of Youngstown? The Dem headquarters was located on Mahoning Ave In AUSTINTOWN so youhave no worries about a storefront (actually an office building in the city being empty and subject to vandalism. I'mquite sure that the building owners will have it rented out quickly enough by a business that wants to leave Youngstown.

iwasthere

jay

It's just one more storefront/building left vacant in Youngstown and now subject to vandalism.

Towntalk

Am I missing something ... just how is the absence of the Democratic headquarters from downtown Youngstown going to have any impact whatsoever on the greater scheme of things? Just how many people work there on a full time basis? Just how many times in a lifetime does the average bloke need to transact business there? It isn't like the average Joe Bag Of Blintzes needs to set foot in the joint any time in his lifetime. Shoot, the last time I sat foot in the Democratic HQ was back in 1960 just after I regestered to vote for the first time, and that was to pick up some free campaign junk. So cry not a single tear that they relocated in Boardman, I certainly won't lose any sleep over it, while those who believe that everything under the sun, moon, planets and stars should be located in Youngstown, preferably on the West Side will weep and whail, and gnash their teeth while pouring ashes over their sackcloth shirt.

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on December 22, 2012, 10:01:29 PM
The bottom of McKelvey Lake comes to mind.
dems have the same feelings about the reps. this is the problem on local, st and fed levels of gov. no one wants to work for the good of the order that is the usa citizens.

jay

So the Democratic Party headquarters finally moved out of the City of Youngstown?

The headquarters had been in downtown Youngstown and moved to the Mahoning Plaza only a few years ago.

Rick Rowlands

sfc_oliver

I don't remember there being much parking space anywhere on Hillman way. But I suppose there could be.

I'd make some suggestions on where they could move to, but i doubt anyone would listen...
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

maybe the current ldld was tired of waiting for the check to clear.

joly1584

On Wednesday WKBN reported the headquarters is moving to 4011 Hillman Way.  Dave Betras said it will be larger and have more parking.  The new space is SW of Market & Midlothian.

jay

It has been reported that the Mahoning County Democratic Headquarters in the Mahoning Plaza is moving to a new location.

Where?