News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Voting via internet

Started by Towntalk, November 06, 2012, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I'd also be concerned for the welfare of the guide dogs.

sfc_oliver

Too many of them might just follow the boy scouts a little too closely.....
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

i could not agree with you even more on this matter.

Towntalk

Are you kidding? Those drunkin' bums in the House couldn't find their way out of the congressional outhouse in broad daylight without three guide dogs and a troop of boy scouts.

iwasthere

in this election i would love to see a tie in the pop vote and the electoral college vote then we would see true statesmanship.

sfc_oliver

I'm certain that if Romney had won there would be a big cry of injustice all over the MSM. But since most of the East Coast was already in Obama's pocket, it doesn't matter.....

iwasthere

i do not know the specs on this but i am sure the country could had waited at least for ten days until all of the eastern seaboard voted.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on November 11, 2012, 11:04:46 PM
did not the victims of sandy voted through the internet?

The question I had on this was where did they get the power?????? Still over 100,000 without power.....

sfc_oliver

Put a big golden star on your calender, Dennis and I agree......

Absolutely NO.

iwasthere

did not the victims of sandy voted through the internet?

Towntalk

There are a number of organizations that would like to see voting via the internet, but the question is raised: Can a hacker proof system be devised to make internet voting secure?

As we know, even governmental sites which contain some of our most secret data have been hacked, and in the world of business, hacking is an ongoing problem.

At this point in time, hackers have proven that no current security measure is safe, and because of this most states are loth to even consider allowing online voting.

The question is: Is it possable for a 100% safe system to be devised to make online voting possable?