News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Let the lawsuits begin over election

Started by Towntalk, November 05, 2012, 01:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

About the hyperventilating news media:

The final days of the presidential race have been a head-spinning experience, giving us a collective case of vertigo as the media deliver their own ever-changing analyses while also conveying the strategists' spin.
If it were up to me, I would ban all reporting of campaign officials declaring that their guy is going to win, or that their internal polls actually show them ahead in Ohio or Florida. Unconstitutional, I know, but it would spare us all kinds of utterly useless information.
But if you think the media speculation game ends Tuesday, guess again. Sometime in the late afternoon, the first wave of exit polls will undoubtedly leak, either to Matt Drudge or some blogger, and spread like wildfire across the Web. These numbers will be about as reliable as those that convinced John Kerry's team in 2004 that he had won the presidency.

Smart consumers will ignore the hyperventilation and wait for actual votes to be tallied, old-fashioned as that might sound.

irishbobcat

Oh Lord, there could be more? Spare us!

Towntalk

How many other wives does Romney have other than the one he takes with him on the campaign trail?

iwasthere

irishbobcat

iwasthere

rr the day after the election jill stien has a medical practice to attend to on wednesday morning, no unemployment for her. the biggest losers on wednesday morning are the members of the d an r political parties because they believe their political assoc has their best interest at heart, nyet.

Towntalk

The big question ... how long will it take for the election to be called by the networks and which network will make the call first?

In my humble opinion, the election won't be called earlier than midnight or 1:00 AM. As to which network will make the call first, in another Presidential Election [ Bush/Gore ] CNN was the first and blew it big time, so since then they've been super cautious, but we'll see.

Rick Rowlands

The Republican and Democrat parties both have something to lose, but the Green party?  They don't stand a chance so regardless the outcome of any lawsuit, their candidate will still be unemployed.   

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on November 05, 2012, 05:38:10 PM
Lawsuits waste precious natural resources.  The GP should do the earth a favor and not file a lawsuit.
rr the gp will not be the only political party or special interest grp to file lawsuits. i foresee in this election to be fought tooth and nail for votes in the cts and in congress.

Rick Rowlands

Lawsuits waste precious natural resources.  The GP should do the earth a favor and not file a lawsuit.

irishbobcat

I know the Green Party is ready to file in Ohio if there are issues that arise over problems counting the ballots.