News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown: A bright future???

Started by Towntalk, August 26, 2012, 01:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

What I don't get is how additive manufacturing is going to create all these jobs in the valley.  There will be 10 to 20 direct jobs in the incubator, then they claim thousands more.  Well additive manufacturing is all about job elimination. Its main feature is the ability to eliminate humans in even more of the manufacturing process.  To think that it will take thousands of people to develop this process, which is already two decades old, and that they will have to move to the valley to do it is ludicrous.  This is nothing but an election year "blow smoke up their ass" project just like the DFAS center was.

Towntalk

Same here ... we've been burnt so many times that you'd think that by now the media ... especially the Vindicator would be super skeptical and say "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT IS" and set back and wait till it's carved in granite, up and running and showing tangible results.

I can recall cases in the past where the Vindicatior devoted whole front pages to these sort of deals for weeks on end only to have the project never become a reality. Did the paper show any resentment or anger? No, they just sat back and pretended it never happened.

sfc_oliver

I'll believe it all when I see it........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Exactly.

After the last ray of hope was gone, I donated 3 cases of documents to the main branch of the public library, about that project.

Rick Rowlands

You mean Staughton Lynd Towntalk? 

irishbobcat

or the indoor NASCAR  racetrack out by the airport.......

Towntalk

:laugh:  Or the Miller Beer plant, or the aircraft plant, or the outfit that wanted to reopen the Campbell Works led by the same dude that today is associated with Occupy Youngstown as their mouthpiece.  :laugh:

irishbobcat

I thought the blimp factory and the Avanti car plant were supposed to change the face of Youngstown?