News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"YoungstownShrimp Harvest"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 22, 2011, 12:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Sokoloff

Wow that's old news ... Yea and thanks to people like you who never let it rest, the few guys like me that actually learned their lesson never get a chance to prove what they are really worth in any real job worth having because we are like leapers. I go some news for you, this Ex-Con has gone above and beyond the call of duty to prove that a person can totally change their life.

It is sad though that I still have to face obstacles like this. But your behavior seems to be reprehensible as a standard, so at least you are consistent. As for clueless, if you were complaining about the solar panel installation we did, unless you are an installer and/or are experimenting with Solar Power System Prototypes, you are clueless as, unless you are involved doing it, how can you make comment, pass judgement, infer that things are or are not being done properly if you are not in the industry.

I defer to the EPA, who has been out to the site, on several occasions, and have not had a problem. I defer to the supplier of the shrimp farms, both here locally and across our state and others, who I met personally and has advised and assisted in the growing process here in the valley who by far qualifies as more of an expert than YOU or myself or Ron and in all honesty, probably the folks at the EPA as this is pretty new stuff.

So .... how many shrimp farms have you worked on, which harvest year are you in? Maybe you would like to come out and inspect the panel installation here for our Street Lamps to insure it was done to your knowledgeable and professional standards?

As for the convict thing, I am pretty sure most people, especially on here know I have a past. I just don't plan on letting that effect a better future, for myself or for our community.

Oddly enough, I was much like you with the shrimp farm thing, until I saw it operate, understood the benefit it could bring to our community, and learned that although people do not always have to agree on everything, it still does not mean we can not work together to move our community forward.

Tim Sokoloff

Wow, I noticed that the bobcat's comments have been removed. Interesting. I did think it was a little out of line to comment on something you really didn't have a clue about, but am surprised to see them gone. We actually almost had an intellectual debate going.

I do have to again agree with Ron, we feel the same way here at the complex. This is our home, our business and our future and we absolutely will defend it by whatever means necessary. I truly hope that neither Ron or Myself ever have to use the force we speak of but it should serve as a warning to those who might think about screwing around with our properties.

Ron, don't let them get you out of your box man, we have been through this before and oddly enough, between each other. I know you are a bigger fellow than those who would attack us with their clueless comments and lack of knowledge. Again I ask those who are making all these negative comments;

What do you drive?
Are you recycling and what is your tonnage?
Are there yellow bins at your curb on recycling nights?
What types of energy efficient lighting, Solar Systems, alternate power systems, are you all working on?
What new industry, or attempts at new industry are you bringing to the valley?

I can go on with the list of questions that not only myself, but my crew of full time volunteers would like to know while we bust our asses 24/7 to turn the light on at the end of the tunnel, without having to pay the bill for the bulb.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, fortunately we live in concrete condo's. Here is to everyone in the valley that is doing something positive for our community, and to all those who have helped us, not only since we have actually become an entity, but in the years before while we were getting there.

Tim Sokoloff

Short of a fence, Ron is in compliance period. As FOR the fence, when we fence in McKelvey, Hamilton, Evans, Girard Lake and so on, we can then post the argument about dangerous water holes open and exposed to the public. Believe me I have stood UNDER THE WATERFALL at Hamilton 100's of times since I was a kid, and occasionally still make my way back there and on a good summer day there are plenty of places to take a nice dip in the lake, or in the creek it feeds.

So in comparison to a small four to six foot deep pond a few feet across I think that McKelvey looks much more attractive to someone who would want to wander into some water. Personally I think Ron needs a fence to keep both thieves, saboteurs, and nosy people out, but that kind of thing takes money. Money this industry is still trying to make as we figure out just how to raise these little buggers and make a profit.

Each year there is a learning curve, each year more knowledge is gathered and the process is improved. So do we beat up everyone who is going to try this new potential industry for our valley, or do we try to assist in growing it.

I mean with all the need for jobs in our county I think we would all be happy to see something here that is actually employing people.

I have to market myself in Seattle Washington to get work as first of all NO ONE IN OHIO WILL EVEN THINK OF OFFERING ME A JOB BECAUSE OF MY RECORD, unless of course it is hanging 5/8 drywall all day long, or cutting grass. Oh yea and my 44 year old ass can happily carry bundles of shingles up a ladder all day and be a laborer on a roofing crew.

These are the jobs available in our area to ME. Now in case you all have not noticed, I built the whole damn website for Iron Soup, rendered the video, programmed the forms and much more, but because I have a record they don't need me here. They need me in Seattle though and although I only pick up one or two clients a year, it is better than nothing.

So to be able to go out and work in the spring, and in the fall for a few weeks to me is a very valuable thing. I would love to see a thriving fish farming industry develop in our valley that could employ 100's of people throughout the entire growing season.

As for destruction of the land, seriously I am a hard core environmentalist, and an avid tree huger obviously,  but there is a lot of barren vacant land in our area that could be used for this type of industry, we just have to get it off the ground.

I wish I had more time, I would go help Ron build his fence, I personally would have built the fence first, then there would be no discussion. He could have just went in, fenced in the property and went fishing and no one probably would have been the wiser, but Ron opted to let the community take a look at what could be one of Ohio's next big agricultural industries.

You can hate the guy all you want to for being good at his job as Young Frackenstein with his oil company friends, but that does not change the fact that Ron really is interested in creating commerce, jobs and positive forward motion of our local economy.

I know for a fact however that Ron is not ALL about his own bottom line as we are working together to put an idea HE THOUGH OF in motion that will help our valley, help my project 100 fold,  and do some incredibly positive things in our area.

Now Ron could have easily kept the idea to himself, never had to say a word to me and, it is an idea that would have surely allowed him to take over our complex and do away with the whole ©Envirominium concept and us, but he chose to call me to see if we could work together to make it happen. So if the guy is so horrible, self centered and only interested in his own welfare, why would he give away an idea that would entrench our organization even deeper into our community in a positive light and also that would ensure the building of the word's first ©Envirominium.

Fracking is bad, Fishing is good, come on now everybody ... say it with me ... Fracking is bad, fishing is good.

I think you guys should go back to picking on Ron for the fracking, at least you had SOME point in that argument.

Tim Sokoloff

Well hopefully thanks to Ron's initiative and the engineering skills of myself and my team we can turn a burned out abandoned concrete remain of a company home into a proper, high tech, self powered addition to the urban agriculture activities we are hoping to begin. In the meantime there are a whole lot of people who know the shrimp is just fine.

They are pretty simple creatures to grow, like fricken sea monkeys. Irish, you actually work in education RIGHT. Seriously do I have to post some links for you so you can do some homework? You all can use Google right? Ron is not dumb.... he picked one of the easiest edible species of shrimp on the planet to grow. They are WATER CORN.

When I first saw the place I thought back to the days of my youth and sea monkeys. All ideas begin somewhere.

Irish, so how is that helping the planet initiative I am tasking you with coming. Are you doing ANYTHING TO HELP THE PLANET YET.

How about you stewie, a little curbside recycling eh? Little yellow bins? Bins at the Curb Eh?

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on and it's powered by Iron Soup.

Besides, it doesn't matter what you are doing around here, it doesn't matter because you are on your own. I have been involved in so many great beginnings in this town, so many awesome opportunities, that went unnoticed it is unspeakable.

We depend on us however to get the job done. You guys know the shrimp are fine, you just don't have anything else left to throw.

Sediment laden, again, seriously,

Um got some dirt there man?  um little stuff the earth is made out of gettin in your water there Hmmmmmm?

Imagine that. Besides, Ron is a fracker ... like dirt bothers him. Get a grip.

I love the shrimp, so does my crew. It is quite tasty, and plenty of other people have had it as well.

I love being able to not pay the bill for two electric powered night lights we won't have to have on anymore.

At least we are past the name calling and moving toward an intelligent debate.

Lastly ummmm fall into a hazard ummmm like a lake ummmmm maybe like McKelvy surrounded by houses, people, children. When is the water service getting started on fencing in that hole filled with water?

Looking forward to the next post.

stewie

Yes it is hard work destroying acres of land, creating serious hazards that people can fall into, dumping massive amounts of sediment laden water into our watercourses growing shrimp in muddy ponds for human consumption. Take a drive out to the east side Karl Street is it? to see all of this hard work.

Tim Sokoloff

The shrimp is great, very tasty and yes there are a lot of things that need to be done on Ron's farm and any others that will be set up, but this is a prototype, just like the solar lights we just lit in Campbell Ohio. If you come to see them, the lights look beautiful, the wiring, connections etc. not so much, but that will change.

It is hard ass work farming some shrimp, not what I thought it would be. Ron is out every day pumping water, a hard job. Not as hard as setting it all up and taking it down at the beginning and end of the season, but that is what he has people with vision for, to help with that.

For the longest time I was convinced that Ron had some ulterior motive for helping me until just lately honestly, but in the end Ron wants to make money, help others make money, and regardless of the motives of those who do whatever the job they are paid for entails regardless of the consequences to anyone, even themselves, they should hope to have a friend like me so when they frack it all up we leave the light on for em.

Again an idea along with some other wheels, are in motion. We lit the streetlights though, drive by our corner and check them out, and we can see you even more clearly now as the white light produced by the Low Voltage Compact Fluorescent Bulbs is better for the infrared allowing improved vision in lower light.

It would be nice to have a couple more of them around as we need as much light as possible so stop by our website www.ironsoup.com and check us out.

Tim Sokoloff

Ron here is the link to the article

http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/aug/29/youngstown-aquaculturist-says-these-shrimp-are/

Here is hoping the fishes turn out well. This is an industry that really could help our area. Whether it needs a fence or not LOL..... SIGH. Someone has to do something to bring more industry and jobs to the area. I cant wait for harvest time because I know it means some work. Farming isn't exactly a pretty industry either, especially in the beginning.

I grew up on a farm and really enjoyed the work we had to put in to get the job done. Never put in any crops like these but I thank you for allowing me to meet some very smart folks that taught me even more things than I already knew.

I hope everything comes through for us and I really do hope I am designing those new aquatic circulation systems I have been working on in the Hampton Row by springtime. I know my crew will be working all year long to keep things moving and every day is a new day.

Lastly, thanks for the great idea to help move our project forward. It is one you did not need to give us and Iron Soup thanks you for it.  I will have some info on that in the next couple days.

In the end, we all have to work together to try and do something positive. The people who work in and for the Oil Industry, are just small fish in a big pond. The real way to get the job done is to create the solution, invent the device, change the world. How hard can that be?

Shrimp Fest 2011 Can wait to eat one of those little buggers LOL

Youngstownshrimp