News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Homeless

Started by jay, January 10, 2011, 06:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I have nothing against the mission in Youngstown.  The organization has a policy that they will not house people with a history of violence.  Part of my concern is that our community had to send someone all the way to Warren, Ohio.

I just listened to a local radio talk show this afternoon.  The conversation at one point centered around group homes.  Many of the callers felt that group homes are not good settings for people with certain mental illnesses.  It was also mentioned that many of the people causing problems in downtown Youngstown and on the north side are residents of group homes. 

Towntalk

Jay, before you bash the Resuce Mission you have to remember that besides providing shelter to men, they also provide shelter to homeless families and as you said this man has a history of causing problems at the Mission. We don't know the whole story about him, but I'm sure that the folks  explained it to the Police.

jay

Last night the police in Youngstown picked up a homeless man and tried to get him to a shelter.  The mission in Youngstown wouldn't take him because of previous problems.  The YPD ended up driving the man to the Warren, Ohio Family Mission.