News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Addressing Issues in State Funding of Public Education

Started by irishbobcat, October 05, 2010, 07:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

I think he means that the public school's funding should be reduced to match what the charter schools receive.

Dan Moadus

"Public/Non public school funding: Ohio's public schools should receive the same per pupil amount as the chartered nonpublic schools in Ohio receive."

They don't? Oh!.........  I bet you mean in addition to the money they already receive, don't you?

irishbobcat

Addressing Issues in State Funding of Public Education

When it comes to state funding of public education, the following issues must be addressed:

Phantom Revenue/Chargeoff: All forms of phantom revenue must be eliminated. The local share must be based ona ctual local revenues available.

Pooling: We must reject the pooling of local tax revenues and/or the diverting of locally approved revenues to other entities.

Inflationary Growth: Schools districts must realize real funding growth adequate to address revenue needs without requiring voter approval of new tax levies.

Public/Non public school funding: Ohio's public schools should receive the same per pupil amount as the chartered nonpublic schools in Ohio receive.

I support these issues to fix Ohio's public schools funding issues.

Dennis S. Spisak-Green Party of Ohio nominee for Ohio Governor

www.votespisak.org/governor/

www.dennisspisak.com

for more info, contact 330-503-1407