News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mill Creek Park Uses

Started by jay, April 11, 2010, 09:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I wouldn't have any problem with seeing them in the park - it would only make me
feel safer knowing that they were there...

:::: tipping my hat to the men and women of our armed forces - for protecting our lives and liberty ::::

:)

Why?Town

I didn't suggest anything, I flat out said that I don't have a problem with it. I didn't say they should be practicing their sniper skills in the park.

Reality is that there are already armed people in the park. People with concealed weapons (legal or not) that surely have less training and different reasons for being armed than these ROTC Cadets.

irishbobcat

I know they carry plastic guns, but the one person on this forum suggested he didn't have a problem if they were armed and they carry live ammo and REAL guns! Yikes!!!!

Elmo-Ytown

These are the leaders of tomorrow's army, who will lead the protectors of tomorrow's citizens, who will be . . . oh ya, our children. Let them train where ever they want.

sfc_oliver

They've been doing it for 30 years now. I doubt it's ever been a problem.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

How do gun owners trample the rights of others?

Why would ROTC training at Mill Creek Park be an issue at all?  What made you ask if this was an acceptable activity?  Surely some part of you thinks it is unacceptable or that question would not appear in your mind.

irishbobcat

just don't go loco when you're packing heat!...

Oldmill

Hey bobcat  , if you haven't noticed we are returning to the days of the wild west !  An  Ashtabula county judge has been quoted as saying "the citizens of Ashtabula county should arm themselves" due to the recent layoffs of most of its sheriff dept. I have been packing heat for years.  It saved my life at least once. These days if you don't arm yourself your at the savages mercy. You must also be prepared to use you weapon !

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on April 11, 2010, 10:09:41 AM
Armed ROTC folks in a city park? Let's just return to the Wild Wild West and let's carry guns everywhere!!!!  Gun Lovers trample rights of others!

You need some serious professional help.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Armed ROTC folks in a city park? Let's just return to the Wild Wild West and let's carry guns everywhere!!!!  Gun Lovers trample rights of others!

Why?Town

I see the the military using the metro parks bike trail for running and endurance type exercises several times each summer.

It's not like it's war games or anything, they appear to be unarmed.

I'd also like to add that even if they were armed I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Towntalk

jay

According to today's newspaper, Mill Creek Park is used for military (ROTC) training exercises.

Is this an acceptable activity to hold in Mill Creek Park?