News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

3 DOORS DOWN ROCKED!!!!

Started by yfdgricker, October 30, 2005, 12:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

At least 5,000 seats in the arena "bowl" and then a ton of standing room only..

Check the www.tribune-chronicle.com

jay

How many seats were sold for this concert?

ytowner

Ya I had family and friends who went; I had other obligations; and they loved it. The said the arena is stunning for our area and after the bars such as bw3's and skeeters were packed.

I think that end of downtown will quickly become DEVELOPED.

Thanks Jimmy for this opportunity. I was in another Ohio Downtown today and I think we can do what they did... Adding a sporting center to the downtown.

yfdgricker

For those of you that weren't at the Convocation Center downtown, you missed an awesome show.

My wife and I went to see the concert and parking was not a problem. We were directed to the City Center One parking garage just 2 blocks from the Convocation Center. The parking staff directed us to a spot and we were on our way. Parking literally took 5 minutes for us to get in a spot. We walked with a large group of people to the Convocation Center and the police presence was like nothing I've ever seen in Youngstown. I didn't know there were that many police officers :)

As we approached the Center, we were directed to the appropriate entrance doors (we had floor tickets). After a quick scan with a hand held metal detector at the door and a quick check of our tickets, we were in. Again 5 minutes tops for waiting in line and getting checked with the detector. All the radio and TV stations were broadcasting from the location.

We weren't sure where we were going and stopped to ask one of the many Convocation Center Staff directing people. Everyone was super nice! Plenty of staff and security on hand.

We listened to the opening band Altered Bridge and although they weren't normally the type of music I listened to, they were not bad at all. My wife and I wandered the hallways of the Center watching some of the other interesting people who came to the show when Shinedown was on (definitely NOT my type of music). Finally after 2 hours of Altered Bridge and Shinedown, 3 Doors Down came on stage and ROCKED THE HOUSE!! It was great. I lost track of the number of songs 3 Doors Down did but it was a lot. They even did a 2 song encore performance. 

You should have seen the people filing out of the Convocation Center when the concert was over. I've NEVER seen that many people downtown. Not even when Powers has a big event. It was impressive. If I had the cash, I would buy a Starbucks franchise and open it near the Convocation Center because it would have been hopping. My wife and I would have went there if one was open.

Again after a 3 minute walk to the parking deck, we quickly were able to get out of the deck and back onto South Ave and made the 10 minute drive home. Yes, 10 minutes and I was back home, no tolls or anything!

Getting in and out of the Convocation Center was almost as smooth as going to the  Canfield Fair. Everyone knew their job and everything ran like a well oiled machine.

FYI- if you pay a little more for floor seats, you don't actually get a seat, you get to go on the floor near the stage and stand and watch. We stood for 4 hours. The cheaper seats will actually get you a seat. If we knew then what we know now :)

I can't believe I actually went to see a concert in Downtown Youngstown! It was great!