News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question - How Would You Conduct A Covid Test Kit Give Away?

Started by jay, December 29, 2021, 02:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

Sounds like Mahoning Co. made an improvement in distribution of tests.

Maybe they'll do something similar instead of having so many people wasting gasoline while waiting for hours to drop off a used set of tires or some hazardous waste.  FWIW I won't be holding by breath on that.

jay

Mahoning County just distributed Covid test kits at the outlying libraries.  People had to call ahead of time and tell which library branch they would attend.  Once all the reservations for a particular branch were filled, people could be directed to another branch. There were no lines to content with this time.

The Brown administration should take note of this test kit distribution system.

Why?Town

I think jazz218 has the best idea.

Now I wonder how often people should be tested. If a family of 4 used all 4 kits on say 12/30/2021 couldn't they have gotten the covids at some time since then?

Heck, if we asked about the possibility of getting covids this afternoon after someone did their test this morning, I bet we'd get the same answer which is YES.

jay

joly1584

Have pre registration with choice of assigned hours to pick up test kits - they know how many cars they can(or want to) process in an hour, so they would limit each hour to that number of cars. 

Example - if I register I can choose 8-9 or 11-12 or 1-2 or whatever is available until an hour is filled up.

I think this would give a somewhat steady line without as much traffic congestion.

jay

The city administration has had two problem Covid test kit distributions so far.

Question
How would you conduct future test kit distributions?