News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Need Japanese Beetle Updates For Youngstown

Started by jay, June 23, 2009, 11:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Yes by ALL MEANS the city should raise the income tax by another percent or so to pay for these TRAPS and maybe they will have a little left over to fix the municiple courts - maybe even make a big bright beatle wing wall behind The Judge -  herrrrr come da judge - all rize.
I am sure one of the first cases will be from Boardmanites stealing da TRAPS for demselfs.  I am SURE you would find some at Da Flee Market on da Eastside  :o

jay

Some people say urban farming should return to the city of Youngstown.  If we are going to raise crops for sale, the city administration should develop a strategy to control the Japanese Beetles.   The city could purchase the traps and bait in bulk and then provide these to residents every block or so.

iwasthere

maybe the mvoc can mobilize a ytown unit to combat these illegal immigrant bugs? iris can help by signing the deportation letters that are needed at the INS.

Rushblvd

I believe we will need to arm ourselves with Beetle Bags and Swatters. I am sure we do not need any type licenses for that. ( But maybe to the Yo Law director thinks we  might) Anyway, arm  yourselves   Yo-town folks we can win this fight. As the real Beetles said "It's a long and winding Road"---but  now we need to "Shake it up baby and TWIST and Shout...

iwasthere

those darn japanese destroyed pearl harbour then the steel industry and now our roses. what else are those darn japanese are going to destroy that ytown residents enjoy?

irishbobcat

They are giving my wife fits at her summer school. Can't take the children outside without being swarmed in Struthers.....

Rushblvd

Please give a beetle update. I believe if we get enough people we can do a hit.

sfc_oliver

Well, they have made it to Lowellville in force. Guess it's time for another battle. The Mrs loves her roses.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

PMDragon

Here on the So.side they certainly have taken a liking to the leaves of my Lilac bush this week!

northside lurker

Just a warning, I've read that Japanese beetle traps may actually attract more beetles to your yard than if you didn't have a trap.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Today I caught more beetles than any other day so far this summer.  See the photo below. 

If you are considering purchasing a beetle trap, please buy the one that is MADE IN USA.

Why?Town

Strange as it may seem, I have never seen a Japanese Beetle that wasn't 100% Made in the USA.

Elmo-Ytown

Where's the "Made In Japan" sticker on each one?

jay

This photo was taken today.  These roses had been destroyed.............. and then the beetles were dispatched.

sfc_oliver

Saw the first one in my Roses today in Lowellville.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>