News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Today’s Banking Crisis-10 Steps to Bail America Out

Started by irishbobcat, September 25, 2008, 06:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmill

Whats the big deal fellas ? We have just about thrown the constitution out the window. Just about all the elected people to big government are filthy stinking rich, you have to be in these times to get elected. Kruscheiv said "we will destroy you from within"  Hmmm  I think he may have been right ??   

Towntalk

No one said that you used the precise word "Communist", but many of the programs you advocate are part and parcle with the communist experience.

I seriously doubt that any member past or present of either the House or Senate would have the courage to face their grandchildren and say that they were responsable for saddling them with a debt that can never be paid off. There isn't a member of either party in Congress that has a dimes worth of that kind of integrety.

irishbobcat

Have I ever said to form a commie government?

have the current men and women who serve in the house and senate told their grandkids about the debt they have run up?

THIS election you can send all 435 people back to the US House who help create this mess or send
new people who are willing to listen and not take money from lobbyists and do the job right....
serve the people not the lobbyists.

Dennis Spisak-Green Party Candidate for Congress-6th District

Towntalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we do have a Social Security program? Oh, the answer is yes, and I can speak of that as a Social Security recepient.

I fully agree that the last thing we want is for Social Security to be turned over to Wall Street.

As to your other comments:

Few, if any of the folks on this board lived through the great depression, and none were alive when the Stock Market Crash occurred in 1929, so all we can do is speak to what we heard from those that were there, and experienced it first hand.

When FDR and Congress created the CCC and WPA there is no question about the fact they helped thousands of families, but none of these were permanent jobs with a future.

And what of government jobs?

I can speak of one ... the U.S. Forest Service.

My Uncle was a Chief Forest Ranger in Pennsylvania. When the party in power changed, he lost his job. ("To the victor goes the spoils" as Don Hanni III often quoted.). What government gives, it can also take away, and there is little if any recourse for redress of grievance.

NEXT: Where is the money going to come from to pay for government created jobs? How many times do you have to be told that our government is so deeply in debt that our great grandchildren are going to be strapped with paying it off? The debt is already in the trillions of dollars and growing by the minute.

Do we simply scrap our present system of government and adopt a Communist form of government where the government nationalizes all business, own all property?

I think not.

Are you prepared to explain to your grandchildren why they are forced to pay for debts they had no part in creating?

irishbobcat

When a person can no longer responsibly fend for themselves then government welfare begins.

That is why we need modern-day social safety nets such as universal health care and a social security system with trust funds kept away from the grasping fingers of Wall Street brokers.

Dennis Spisak

Towntalk

No one, I repeat, no one wants people to sleep in the streets, or under bridges, or in abandoned buildings, and certainly we all support such organizations as the Salvation Army and the Rescue Mission willingly and gladly.

The fact of the matter is that it is the liberals who stand in the way of helping organizations such as these telling them that unless they become totally secular that they won't get any tax payer aid.

At the present time, such outfits as the ACLU through its endless lawsuits is doing more harm to the homeless than Congress, yet where is your outrage toward this group?

We have an economic crisis that is growing worse by the day, and as I pointed out i my last post ALL of us are asking to come up with trillions of dollars that we simply do not have.

What are we suppose to do, turn over every single penney we have or ever hope to have to the government so that they end up keeping us?

Where does GOVERNMENT WELFARE end and PERSONAL RESPONSABILITY begin.

irishbobcat

It is too much to ask that no should have to sleep in the streets at night?

have we become that heartless a society?

Dennis Spisak

Towntalk

Where are we going to get all the money to pay for your programs?

Consider this.

Stock Market Bail Out = $700,000,000,000.00
The FDIC will be asking for $150,000,000,000.00
Congress has voted to give the auto industry a $25,000,000,000.00 bail out
The war is costing billions more.
Our national debt is in the Trillions of dollars.

These are fact of life figures that are already on the table. Where does it end?

And since when does the United Nations govern the United States. Where in the Constitution does it say that the United Nations is America's legislative branch, or that the President is answerable to the UN?

irishbobcat

Today's Banking Crisis-10 Steps to Bail America Out
September 25, 2008

As Green Party Candidate for U.S. Congress for the 6th District, I am supporting the following ten step program to help America during our recent Banking Crisis:

1.Enactment of a foreclosure moratorium now before the next phase of ARM interest rate increases take effect;

2.Elimination of all ARM mortgages and their renegotiation into 30- or 40-year loans;

3.Establishment of new mortgage lending practices to end predatory and discriminatory practices;

4.Establishment of criteria and construction goals for affordable housing;

5.Redefinition of credit and regulation of the credit industry so that discriminatory practices are completely eliminated;

6.Full funding for initiatives that eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in home ownership;

7. Recognition of shelter as a right according to the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights to which the U.S. is a signatory so that no one sleeps on U.S.streets.

8.Full funding of a fund designed to cushion the job loss and provide for retraining of those at the bottom of the income scale as the economy transitions;

9.Close all tax loopholes and repeal of the Bush tax cuts for the top 1% of income earners;

10. Fairly tax corporations, denying federal subsidies to those who relocate jobs overseas, and repeal NAFTA.

ELECT!!!!
DENNIS SPISAK FOR CONGRESS
Green Party Candidate for Ohio's 6th District
The ONLY PROGRESSIVE CANDIDATE
Running against a Conservative Democrat and Republican!

Renewable Energy Green/Blue Collars Jobs
Single-Payer Affordable Healthcare
Solar Power/Wind Power/Geothermal Energy

Send Campaign Contributions to:

Spisak for Congress
548 Poland Ave
Struthers, Ohio 44471

Campaign donations are not tax-deductible.

Campaign site: Http://votespisak.org/electspisak.tripod.com