News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

$5 Tax Increase For County Roads ????

Started by jay, November 20, 2018, 06:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

This is an additional tax on top of the gasoline tax too. We will be paying for a tax that will not be divided up evenly like the gasoline tax.

Why?Town

I heard that Ohio gasoline tax is split evenly regardless of the number of miles of roads in any counties.

I think County Commissioners should be trying to get that fixed, then maybe they'd have enough money already given out by us.

Rushblvd

I agree iwasthere--Go fight for what is already the tax payers $$$$$

iwasthere

No. I was at the Mahoning County Commissioners meeting this morning and  Pat ginnetti, the Mahoning County engineer brought this proposal up to the Mahoning County Commissioners. Pat ginnetti said in order to have put it on the ballot it must have two public meetings for public Imports. I say no because let him and the other elected officials go down to Columbus and fight for our portion of the 2.5 billion dollar rainy day fund.

jay

The county engineer proposed a $5 license fee increase to repair county roads.

Do you support paying an additional $5?