News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Davis Building

Started by Elmo-Ytown, April 12, 2008, 10:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

The owners of the Union Square Sparkle Market are wonderful folks that have instilled a great attitude in their employees. Back in the 1960's they also owned the Lincoln Knoll Sparkle, and that was where we started dealing with them, and now that I live on the North Side, they are my grocers of choice.

As to hair dressers, I've gotten to know the folks at the shop that I go to, and they do a great job. The bus stops just a few steps from my door, and lets me off just a few feet from the shop so there's no transferring. When I'm ready to come home, I catch the bus, and get off at my front door. In all, I average about two hours and two bus trips.

When I was working, a trip to the hair dresser took up a whole morning.

jay

Most of the WRTA bus routes do a good job of taking our residents and their money to the suburbs.

Thank you for buying your groceries in the city.

I know there are beauticians on the South Avenue and Mahoning Avenue bus routes.

Towntalk

No offense to you Phil, because you're doing a great job, but why is there so much empathises on restaurants when there are so many other things we need downtown? I have to go to Boardman for shoes ... I have to go to Boardman for cloths ... not that I have anything against Boardman, but darn it all, just once in my lifetime, I would like to be able to jump on the bus and go downtown to shop.

When I want my hair done, I have to go to Liberty.

The only thing I don't have to go out of the city for is food, thanks to Union Square Sparkle Market.

This empathises on restaurants as the salvation of downtown Youngstown is foolish, witness the number that have come and gone, and what have we gained? Did they draw retailers downtown? I don't think so.

Even a Family Dollar Store would be an accomplishment.

As to grocery stores, a Save-A-Lot would sure help the folks that live in the downtown area.

Defend Youngstown

Starbucks backed out. A deal is very close to being secured by a already-established downtown resturant who will change their theme/menu. If all goes according to plan, they would like to be up and running by the end of July (per conversation today). Of course, like most things, this information could change next week (ex. "Cedars is closing", "Core has closed", etc.). Welcome to the resturant world (especially in downtown).

Phil

ytowner

Starbucks was interested..

Elmo-Ytown

Anyone know what is going to occupy the 1st floor of the Davis Building?