News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Outdoor movies

Started by penguinnick, April 01, 2008, 01:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

Businesses and individuals are encouraged to help underwrite this downtown film project.  Contact information will be forthcoming.

penguinnick

:'( That would be a great idea but unfortunately the Flick Clique disbanded.

jay

Is the Flick Clique movie group still active?  It would be a good idea to invite the Flick Clique's membership to the meeting.

Defend Youngstown

Agreed - this is why a meeting has been set. If you are interested in outdoor film and would like to discuss the possibility of seeing it in Youngstown, then please attend Nick's meeting Saturday evening. Thanks.

Phil

penguinnick

I agree - this is why we are having this meeting so people can express opinions.  I hope to see you at the meeting Jay.

Towntalk

First: What kind of movies will they be showing?
Second: If they aren't both operated on the same days, and the movies are good, I don't see why they can't both run.

The question that I have is how these groups would get the rights to show these movies if they are studio made films; how they plan to pay all the expenses and yet allow free admission.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea, and certainly a good way to convince Powers to seriously consider firing up their projectors and starting a series of film festivals.

To this end, I hope that the groups really promote these programs in a much better way than other events are promoted. They deserve much better ways than word of mouth.

jay

An outdoor movie night has been proposed for the Wick Park revitalization project on the north side of Youngstown.  I'm not sure the community would support two movie nights.

penguinnick

I highly doubt there would be a charge.

jay

Will there be an admission charge to view the movies?

penguinnick

Anyone interested in getting involved in showing outdoor movies in downtown Youngstown this summer will want to attend a critical meeting on Saturday, April 5 @ 6pm @ The B&O Boxcar Lounge.

While nothing is set in stone, it appears we may have a site.  It also appears that we have a screen, projector, and sound system.   

The most important thing that needs to be discussed is finding sponsors.  It probably costs between $150 - $300 to show one movie one time.  If we show ten movies that would be $3,000.  Finding the $$$ will probably take up most of the meeting and we will need to put our heads together.  Also, what will we do for sponsors who give us $$$?

The following also needs to be discussed:

2.  The day of the week we show the movie...we don't want to interfere with other weekly events if at all possible
3.  The actual date we start
4.  Who will actually show the movie and set up the screen, etc...

There are many other things to discuss but this would be a great start.
I hope to see you at The B&O Boxcar Lounge.