News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Farmers' Market

Started by jay, March 19, 2008, 06:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Defend Youngstown

Per information distributed at the Downtown Community meeting by Jim Converse who is the point of contact:

The farmer's market will take place beginning in mid-July in central square (Vietnam Memorial quad) on Tues. from 3-6pm. For more information, contact Jim at 330.518.6971 email: jwcphd@aol.com  Thanks.

Phil

jay

Questions

Where will it be located?

What is the start date for the farmers market?

Which days of the week will it operate?

What will be the hours of operation?

jay

Some farmers also raise flower plants to sell for home landscaping.  These flower plants are usually ready for sale in early May.

Could the downtown farmers' market start in the month of May?

ytowner

Quote from: irishbobcat on April 13, 2008, 11:00:59 AM
and the area around Wick Park is another nice location.

Wick Park is the North Side, not Downtown.

irishbobcat

What is important is that there is SPACE: vendor space and parking space.....unless we have a better WRTA system.

The Pittsburgh Strip district operates nicely In downtown Pittsburgh.....and the area around Wick Park is another nice location.

jay

Which is more important?

Should the market be convenient to pedestrians by locating close to central square?

Should the market be a drive up location on the perimeter of the downtown?

Elmo-Ytown

Definetely, love farmers markets, and while I'll never tire of going to the White House Fruit Farm, I would rather be in downtown Ytown any day.

Towntalk

Certainly I would. Where, what times, and what kind of produce? If it's a true Farmers Market as in older days, and real farmers were selling their produce it would be great, but if there is going to be a hodge-pog of stuff other than produce and canned goods with the food stuffs secondary, no because I could just as easily go to Whitehouse Fruit Farms.

jay

Plans are being made to hold a downtown farmers' market on Tuesdays this summer.

Would you patronize a downtown farmers' market?