News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Problem With Bird Droppings In Downtown Youngstown

Started by jay, March 12, 2008, 08:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime Hughes

Frangos does own the building, he owns the two towers, Erie Terminal and the old Vincent De Paul building. Trust me they will not take any action against Frangos.

rusty river

I'm pretty sure Frangos owns the building. If thats the case, I doubt the city is going to take any serious action against him.

Towntalk

Good Luck  :D

This problem is as old as the city itself. I can remember back when the County Commissioners hired a man to chase the Starlings and Pideons away from the County Court House. Needless to say it didn't work.

As to the Stambaugh Building, it's up to the owners of the building to clean the messes up around their building, not the city or the tax payers. The Board of Health should send the building owners notice to clean up the mess or face court action. There is no question that it is a health hazard, and in light of the fact that there is a restaurant in that building it's all the more important that the city acts to enforce the law.

jay

A new downtown problem has come to the attention of the Forum.  Birds roosting on the cornice of the Stambaugh Building are depositing droppings on the sidewalks around the base of the structure.  See the photo below.

Some feel the droppings were coming from pigeons.  Others feel the problem is caused by a flock of starlings that attempt to roost on the cornice in the evening hours.   A remedy to this problem has to be found soon.  The new Federal Plaza Director is already working to eliminate the birds from the building.