News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Facade Work On West Federal

Started by jay, December 20, 2007, 06:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

In an earlier life it was Pugh Brothers Jewelry Store.

northside lurker

I don't know if this building has a name.  If it had a name, it would probably have been in the missing cornice.

At first, I thought it was 4 stories, too.  But now, I think it's only 3 stories, and the first floor is much taller than it looks.  Originally, there was probably a large storefront--similar to the Davis building.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Elmo-Ytown

What is the name of this building? It looks like it is four stories, are they going to be opening up windows on the second floor?

northside lurker

I'm not sure, but I think I remember reading some time ago that James & Weaver (http://www.jamesandweaver.com/) will be moving their offices there.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Any idea about what's going in there?

Mary_Krupa

this is so exciting, what so many of us have dreamed of happening with many of our old buildings only to see nothing happen or to have them torn down. I would love to see more of this taking place.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

ytowner

Quote from: jay on April 30, 2008, 02:15:10 PM
All three arched openings are now exposed.  The ground floor window glass has also been removed.

Looks like half the buildings in Youngstown.... without windows...
:) :)

jay

All three arched openings are now exposed.  The ground floor window glass has also been removed.

northside lurker

I noticed, this morning, that scaffolding is back up.  Two new arched openings (I assume a third is on the way) have been made on the third floor.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

I look forward to seeing what they do with this facade.  IMHO, the work already done is an improvement.
--Thomas Edison

AllanY2525

There are probably two rows of windows that were closed up when this
facade was installed on this building.  It would be wonderful if they
could re-open (or re-create, as it were...) the original window frames
after the demolition phase is completed - I think it would definitely
add to the appearance of the entire row of buildings.

:)

jay

Additional tile removal has taken place.

jay

Scaffolding is in place for some facade work at 25 West Federal Street.  The building is the temporary home of the Art Youngstown gallery.