News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Zero Tolerance

Started by Micky, April 08, 2007, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

connie254

That's what I've been saying all along.  It takes forever for police to arrive at the scene on my street which is a hotspot. 
Last week I reported the neighbor's pitbull was sitting on their front yard, unleashed and no tags. I've opened my door before to get my mail and this dog has charged me from their yard. The police response on the telephone"We'll page the dog warden, he may call you before coming out". No return phone call. One hour later no police car has come by to even assess the situation. With all the reports of dogs attacking children maybe there ought to be a better response from someone, anyone.

jay

Did you ever notice this when listening to the scanner.   Gunfire calls are usually reported by a citizen.  The police are usually far enough away from the hot spot that they don't hear the shots and it often takes them several minutes to arrive at the suspected location of the gunfire.  If they really want to solve the crimes of discharging a firearm in the city and carrying of concealed weapons, the undercover police have to be hidden in the hot spot neighborhood. 

Micky

Does anyone know if zero tolerance occurs during the nighttime hours? 

OSP was very busy along Midlothian Blvd on Saturday during daytime hours, mostly pulling over elderly people again.  Did this free up YPD to target and arrest the violent criminals?

I wish this activity would concentrate during the night when most of the trouble happens.  At 3:30 am Friday morning, we were awakened by what sounded like a true gunfight - 12 shots, then 9, then 6, then 3.