News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Here We Go !!!!

Started by Micky, March 12, 2007, 09:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

Check out this post about swarming from last year
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=1280.0
it also refers to another  post of 2003 regarding people walking in the streets.
Some things just don't change

connie254

Since when are people allowed to walk down the middle of the street when there is a sidewalk?

I pulled out out my driveway last night to go to work, almost hit two people walking in the middle of the street and a police car was within view of the couple-it just went around them.

Last year we witnessed what we called the "hood parade".  Five to seven cars came down the street, all doors wide open, with people hanging on the open doors and each car went from one curb on one side of the street to the other, similar to the dragon in a Chinese new year parade.  All the neighbors were clapping and whooping it up with them. They continued to do this on our block and the next for ten minutes.  Would've called the police but temp tags/delayed police response made it implausible.

Until something is done seriously to control the behavior of these dimwits and very soon, Mayor Williams will have anarchy on his hands.  I know of some neighbors that will take matters into their own hands if need be.  It will be self-defense and post traumatic stress syndrome from living in a "war zone" that was known as the good area of town.

Micky

We really had high hopes that an aggressive approach to the situation would have put a serious damper on crime.  By the looks of what's been going on since last Friday, we're in for a violent season.

Against my better judgement tonight, around 6 pm, we ventured on the front porch to let the kids play in the upper driveway and not even on the front lawn.  That too was a mistake.  When we heard gunfire, we ran into the house. 

jay

Many residents on the south side feel that the crime situation will really deteriorate as the weather warms up.  I hope they are wrong.

Micky

It didn't take long before zero tolerance ended and the wild west began again!
Just heard on the scanner that gunshots were fired in a business parking lot on South Ave with the shooters running east on Cambridge.  There was a large group fighting in the street.

Also heard that there was an armed robbery of someone in a parking lot of another establishment on South Ave an hour before this incident.  McDonald's on Market was robbed by someone reaching over the counter and grabbing the money with no weapon used.

This weekend on 2 sections of E. Lucius there were fights with gunfire supposedly not related.  Employees at a South Ave pizza shop had to ask YPD to come to assist them when they were leaving for the night because the shop had been attacked by youths (spitting on and beating on the windows).  The gang was waiting on the side of the building.  All of this was occurring within an hour so we called our family to tell them to stay where they were for awhile before attempting to come home and risk getting in the middle of a mess.

We have absolutely had enough!!!  This is terrorism.  With warmer weather coming, out come the cockroaches too.  We don't even sit in our living room anymore.

Zero tolerance was a bandaid attempt to make us feel good and think that something was actually going to make a difference.  Administration and YPD know exactly where the hot spots are yet where were the felony arrests?