News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

PETITION SIGNING//STATE THEATRE

Started by Jaime Hughes, February 15, 2007, 10:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime Hughes

A little over 60- I need so many more signatures before Tuesday's Property meeting!

jay

Jaime Hughes

Just e-mail me if you couldn't attend today! YoStateTheater@yahoo.com , we will make arrangements then.

ForumManager

I can't be there.  Will there be any other opportunity to sign?

Jaime Hughes

I apologize for the inconvience:

The Bean Counter is now closed on Saturdays. There website & pamphlets still say Open Saturdays. We will be at Cedars Restaurant from 9a-1p. Please- come down, grab a bite to eat and keep us company! As well as state your opinion on moving the State Facade.

northside lurker

You mentioned in your email to me that if the Bean Counter is closed unexpectedly, you can be found at Cedar's.  Is this still true?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Jaime Hughes

The Bean Counter, 47 Federal Street Youngstown, Ohio (330) 747-2326.
Hours Of Operation:
Monday through Friday 6:30a.m. to 6p.m.
Saturday 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Closed Sunday

We will be there up until 1pm. If there are any additional people that would like to sign it, please contact us at 330-301-6478. We will be downtown most of the day on Saturday.

jay

When does the Bean Counter open and when does it close?  Will you be there the entire day?

Please list the address.  Some people don't know where the Bean Counter is located.

Jaime Hughes

Corey Maizel & I (Jaime Hughes) will be down at the Bean Counter on Saturday Reb. 17. 2007 for a petition signing.
As you all know the State Theatre is going to be torn down for the new Taft Technology Center that should be started June of this year.

We would like to keep the facade of the State Theatre there, not only to keep Youngstown's historical value (by leaving the facade there.) But also out of respect for the theatre itself. They have plans of moving the facade and placing it as a monument in a park. Not only is this dangerous for the facade (to move it.) But it shouldn't be placed in a park (Vandals may get it.). We would like to keep Youngstown's historical City Scape by leaving the facade where it is.

The petition will be presented to the Property Meeting at the Voinovich Building on Tuesday Feb. 20. 2007, where it will be discussed where the facade will be taken. (If anywhere.)

Please voice your opinion by either signing our petition to keep the facade where it is, but make yourself present at the Voinovich building for that meeting.

If you have any questions please e-mail us, YoStateTheater@yahoo.com

Thank you for your support! I know that you will pull threw to show you care about the future as well as history of Youngstown, Ohio!