News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

NOTE THE HEADLINE

Started by Towntalk, October 21, 2014, 02:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Yeah I would have to agree with your assessment of Annie Gillam.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

The sad part of the North Side is the fact that from Elm Street to Logan Avenue is just as bad as parts of the South Side, and like Tarpley, old lady Gillam has done absolutely nothing about that area that is under her jurisdiction, nor has the 3rd Ward Councilman in that portion that is in his jurisdiction. Given the importance of the lower North Side you'd think that these council persons would be demanding more police protection, and yet at least Gillam is absolutely silent ... more worried about her fifetom than the safety of the YSU students, and the public that attends functions at the various venues in that area.
Another example of her worthlessness is the Wick Avenue area north of the freeway.

Peggy Gurney

Duh I got my numbers mixed up, sorry!  ha.  I TOLD y'all I have a bad memory. I lived in his ward for almost 3 years!

I've been on the north side for almost 3 yrs now, and haven't had a bit of a problem. My son loves it up here.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

My "beloved" Councilman John Swierz is the 7th Ward Councilman. Janet Tarpley is the 6th Ward Council Person, and she has as much worth as a 15 day old bananna peal laying atop a pile of garbage as a council person. By the way, when we moved to Elm Street, things were so bad that a night didn't go by that it didn't sound like a war zone. Where I'm living now, it's peaceful and quiet ... no shootings ... loud noises ... or and of the other problems that plague our city. I've been here now for 6 months and have no complaints.

Peggy Gurney

I don't know. You'd have to ask your beloved John Swierz about that. He's been the 6th ward councilman since I've lived in Youngstown.

The gunfire is the main reason we moved out of the south side. My son was scared to death to even sit in our back yard.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

The children of the 6th deserve a peaceable safe environment where they can grow and prosper free of drugs and crime, and none of the 6th ward council persons for as far back as I can remember have made any serious effort to fight the criminal element that has torn this ward apart. And why haven't we been hearing absolute outrage on the part of the Black clergy. What must it take to put a fire under these people?

Towntalk

What needs to be done is to have APC's like this patroling the 6th ward 24/7/365 and if anyone complains, toss them in jail and keep them there till they rot! Brut force that puts the fear of the Lord into these fools, andthe heck with "civil rights". What rights do the decent people living in the 6th Ward have with scum like these terrorizing them?

Peggy Gurney

I'm very glad they caught these guys.

But I have to wonder why cops from Struthers, Austintown, and YSU were on the scene?  Unless YPD was running short on personnel last night.

~ Normal is overrated ~