News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Grave Robbers

Started by Towntalk, August 19, 2006, 07:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

There was a story on the 11 o'clock news last night that said the prosecutor's office has
now issued a warning to ALL scrap metal recyclers that they MUST get a copies of
people's state issued ID or Drivers License before accepting any scrap metal from
them, effective immediately.

It looks like City Hall is finally starting to wake up and get a clue about house strippers,
scavengers and the like.

Of course, this is all WAYYYYYyyyYyyYyyYyYYy past due.

:)

Towntalk

While working on my web site today, I came upon an article that surprised me ... GRAVE ROBBERS ... or more specifically, thieves who are stealing bronze flower urns to sell for scrap.

HOW ABSOLUTELY LOW CAN ANYONE GET!

An urn costs about $200, but the thieves certainly don't get that for the urns. Recyclers according to the article are paying $8 to $10 for a 10 pound urn.

In one cemetery 160 were stolen, in another 140, in still another 60.

Has anyone in the area experienced having a flower urn stolen from a family grave?

When these low life thieves are caught, they should be HORSE WHIPPED before being given a room in the State Pen, side by side with the scrap dealers who would buy these obviously stolen goods.