News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A village that wants to protect it's drinking water

Started by Billy Mumphrey, May 05, 2013, 12:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Youngstown once again will be an industrial giant now that the production types are returning.

Rick Rowlands

It is impossible to "ruin" water by his definition.  He is claiming that once water is "ruined" it can never be used again.  Simple evaporation separates water from whatever else is in it, and when the water condenses it is absolutely pure again.  Hence my claim that water cannot be "ruined".

What really is the definition of "pollution"?  The generally accepted merriam Webster definition of pollution is the introduction of contaminants into the natural environment that cause adverse change.  OK so what exactly constitutes "adverse change"?  That was the point of my post long ago about concentrations of chemicals in frack water.  If the levels are below the threshold that causes "adverse change" then BY DEFINITION it is not a pollutant.  The chemicals that I found in frack water were of such low levels that they are not pollutants.  I am not making this stuff up but using facts, figures and generally accepted definitions and principles to make my case.

You have also misread my statement regarding an abundance of water.  The point that some make is that by taking so much water for fracking that it may cause shortages for other users.  In this area that is not true.  You read what you wanted to read and not what I actually wrote.

Yes I stand behind my statement about the person who said "It's ruined. We are taking all that water and we are ruining it. It's not getting recycled by mother nature," he said.  I jsut pointed out above that is not possible.

kenneyjoe330

Mr. Rowlands - Please look at what you wrote  ;D   This is what I get :  You go from it is impossible to "ruin" water in your first sentence and in your last sentence you state that any "ruined" water will be evaporated back into the air -  hahaha leaving "the chemicals behind".  In my book leaving "the chemicals behind" equates to polition and while this "ruined" water is evaporating it does not smell or polute the earth/enviorment.  I fail to see what our abundance of water has to do with any of this unless you think because we have an abundance of water that an absorption of a little polution would not be a problem.  I believe you alluded to that in another post.  I mean what would a couple of gallons of poison do if dumped in even a small pond?  The guy is concerned about his and other people's safe drinking water and you call him an ingorant bozo???  It seems to me you are concerned a lot with pushing for a money making industry that has a lot of money already so what do you think I should call you and where is your respect for others that think YOU are wrong.  I suppose you didn't call him a MFer so you probably think you are a real class act  ;D ;D ;D :-* 

Rick Rowlands

I love the part at the end where Mr. Hill is worried about the gas industry "ruining" water, showing a profound misunderstanding of fresh water supplies.   Fortunately NE Ohio has an abundance of water, so injecting millions of gallons underground takes no water away from anyone else.   Water also cannot be "ruined".  Pump that "ruined" water up onto the surface and it will evaporate back into the air leaving the chemicals behind. 

Doing some precautionary testing is a great idea, but why do they have to interject some bozo's ignorance into the article along with it?