News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Sunday May 5th 2nd Amendment Gun Walk

Started by Lyndz, May 01, 2013, 02:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

iwasthere,

Why are you so concerned about the demonstration being in front of Lyndz's home? It's not like Lyndz planned it to be in your neighborhood, heck Lyndz doesn't even have anything to do with it.

Rick Rowlands

You certainly do like dependent, defenseless people iwasthere.  Myself being an independent person who can defend himself must be a real threat to you.  And the fact that I am not a busybody sticking my nose into every one else's business must really get under your skin.

iwasthere

lynz have them walk and demo in frt of your pl of residence while carry their guns on their person. i am sure gatta realty will appreciate this attn.  where are they going to hold their rally in ft of the YMCA? rr i do understand you and your assoc. that is why you and some of your assoc. are not on my charity organ. lists.

Rick Rowlands

Of course they did.  They will cause no disruption and probably leave the area cleaner than when they arrived, just like a Tea party rally does. 

Lyndz

iwasthere, this is my neighborhood, I live in the Federal Building. I was more concerned with the children's museum then anything, spoke to the organizers yesterday and asked them if they could steer clear of that area because of booked Birthday parties.

jay, I wish there would have been more notice, the group did not have to get a permit (or else I would have known) they are not shutting down any portion of the sidewalk / and are not meeting in any certain place. From what i can gather they informed YPD so that no one would be alarmed.

Why?Town

Did a little digging, came up with this:

QuoteHandguns only, no long guns.  Open carry is welcome and encouraged

For iwasthere
QuoteNEO Carry does not condone violence, disrespect, or anything that could be misconstrued as disorderly conduct.

More info:
http://www.neoopencarry.org/events-past-present--future.html

jay

If this event were to be held in a certain south side neighborhood, then people would be impressed.

Rick Rowlands

BTW in my neighborhood these people would be welcomed with open arms!  Hell, we'll fire up the grill and before the night is out have a bunch of new friends.  Life is so nice out here away from the libs where we are all still civil to one another.

Rick Rowlands

What are you afraid of?  Legal gun owners are some of the best people to have around.  You are so prejudiced iwasthere.  It is very illustrative though that you do not make the distinction between law abiding citizens who own guns and street gang members who have illegal weapons, which is quite sad. 

I am surrounded by legal gun owners on all sides where I live and I do not live in fear at all.  Actually I feel quite safe in this neighborhood as I know that my neighbors look out for one another.  Legal gun owners have certain traits that liberals will never understand, among them is a desire to protect and defend themselves and those around them.  They also have respect for the law, and they also usually have jobs and pay INTO the system instead of milk the system.   Therefore you could never understand us!

jay

It appears that this event was organized without prior consultation with the Federal Plaza Director.  I've always been under the impression that organized outdoor downtown events needed prior approval and proof of insurance.

:o

iwasthere

lynz why don't you move this demostration of bunch of lovely people into your nieghborhood. i would like see how your nieghbors would feel about a demostration in frt of their homes.

Lyndz

1. Just because someone owns a gun does not make them a lunatic.
2. Theres nothing in the constitution about burn barrels on a public sidewalk in the middle of a business / entertainment district.

iwasthere

sammorone closed down oy with their burn barrel, a peaceful grp but he allows lunatics openly carry guns in the central square. peaceful people, my arse, lynz.

Lyndz

I don't know, I just wanted to pass along the news. Maybe there will be open carry too, either way don't be alarmed Sunday if you happen to be Downtown, it is a peaceful demonstration.

Why?Town

What about OPEN carry? It's legal in Ohio.