News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Pipelines being laid in Poland Township

Started by Towntalk, January 13, 2013, 01:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

TT my dear, you are on it!
Significant acreage which includes residential land in Mahoning county that were nonproperty taxpaying for decades are now current because of Energy minerals.  As an example, over hundred vacant lots owned by St. Andres AME, over a hundred vacant lots owned by Love and Unity, even Mt. Hope Cemetary is now taxpaying.  Thousands of acreage now pay property taxes that directly fund schools albeit a fraction.................the rest goes to pork.  So buttheads who decried my hardship in paying some of my property taxes now and in the past.  My organization brought more taxes in that Lien Forward and now the County landbank, and they get a paycheck. 

Towntalk

Question:

Once the new money starts flowing in, how long will it be before the various school systems will see its effect? And speaking of schools, will the local schools beef up their vocational training programs to fill new needs?

Youngstownshrimp