News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Farm Animals

Started by Towntalk, December 19, 2012, 09:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

ss st pat has several bee hives that are run by thier 4h club. will this club be involation of the recommendation?

jay

So if honey bees decide to build a hive in a hollow tree in our neighborhood, will the city administration come out and remove the hive?  Queen bees have a habit of moving the hive from time to time.

jay

One west side block watch has converted several vacant lots (where homes were demolished) into productive community gardens.  This stance by the Zoning Commission is a great disappointment and will set back one neighborhood's plan for food self sufficiency.

iwasthere

according to the article, people who want sm livestocks can petition ytown city council.

northside lurker

This decision doesn't affect me personally, because I was never planning to keep small livestock.  But I still think this is an unfortunate decision.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

City Zoning Commission says no to farm livestock inside city limits.