News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Union Square, Cornersburg, Brownlee Woods

Started by jay, August 17, 2012, 06:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

:) Breath easy my friend, I never said that you said that we were wrong, for in point of fact I said it as a question ... not an accusation ... far be it from little old me to do such a nasty thing as that  :) . I've been on this board long enough to figure Jay's posts out and I applaud him for his concern even if he is so pro west side that he gives the north side short shrift except for the farmers market even though we are the cultural, education, and medical heart of the city, as well as having within the city the city's finest homes and city parks.

northside lurker

I never said anyone was wrong!  Until Jay says otherwise, I just think everyone went in a different direction with his post than he had intended.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

So Rick; iwasthere and myself were wrong? Isn't it strange how so many folks could be so wrong?

All we had to go on was: "Our main streets leading out of the downtown are crumbling." Which in the main is true, but then who are we to say?

northside lurker

Our main thoroughfares are losing businesses, and the buildings they leave behind are deteriorating.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

northside lurker

I don't think the condition of the streets was the point Jay was making.  Mahoning Ave. was paved from Meridian Rd. to the Mahoning Ave. bridge a couple years ago, and is also in good repair.
--Thomas Edison

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on August 17, 2012, 10:15:58 AM
:)  Thank goodness that my street is well cared for considering the traffic it gets on a daily basis ... WRTA ... YFD ... ambulances going to both hospitals ... YSU traffic.
tt ditto for me too. i live on midlothian blvd a well maintain blvd.

Towntalk

:)  Thank goodness that my street is well cared for considering the traffic it gets on a daily basis ... WRTA ... YFD ... ambulances going to both hospitals ... YSU traffic.

iwasthere

council reps pick their sts in their wards then present them to sasho and sasho has the final word that is my understanding.

Rick Rowlands

Wick Avenue is falling apart too, and it is the main artery linking downtown with YSU.  But dead end Arrow and Avon Streets on the east side are getting paved, as is a section of Crescent Street that NOBODY travels over. 

How does the city choose which streets to pave?  Throwing darts at a map?

jay

Did you notice that it is the outermost commercial areas of the city that are still functioning?  Examples are Union Square, Cornersburg and Youngstown-Poland Road in the Brownlee Woods area.

Our main streets leading out of the downtown are crumbling.  Just look at South Avenue, Market Street, Belmont Avenue and Mahoning Avenue for proof.